Nakamichi Subwoofer 8" Or 10" ?

BIG-BRI

I'm getting an estimate tomorrow on a complete speaker and double amp make-over. The guy says he has done it before with the SC and it works perfect. What I don't understand is he says that he will still have to use my Nakamichi amp in some way. Not really understanding this, as that amp is way screwed. So he will some how be using my Nak amp, a 4 channel Inifinity Kappa amp (w/ 4 new Kappa 4''ers) and a separate Infinity mono amp to run the new 10" Infinity Kappa sub. He has been doing this stuff for 25+ years and I hear he's one of the best in Houston. He was running late for something today and said he will explain how everything will work tomorrow. Has anyone ever heard of anyone using the malfunctioning oem amp along with two other new ones. Strange.

Im going to assume that the nak sub in the 92 is a 10 as well, would that be a good assumption?

i forgot to measure when i replaced my rears with 6.5 infinitys, which as if found out should have been 4" but with a little modification of the stock mount they fit, then i went to the hardware store and got some longer screws and some half inch nylon spacers and put the stock covers back on since i wanted to keep the clean stock look. they sound awesome but i wana replace the sub, im looking for around 300 RMS with about a 91 dB sensitivity.

Im going to assume that the nak sub in the 92 is a 10 as well, would that be a good assumption?

i forgot to measure when i replaced my rears with 6.5 infinitys, which as if found out should have been 4" but with a little modification of the stock mount they fit, then i went to the hardware store and got some longer screws and some half inch nylon spacers and put the stock covers back on since i wanted to keep the clean stock look. they sound awesome but i wana replace the sub, im looking for around 300 RMS with about a 91 dB sensitivity.

I have a 1992 SC that I wrecked, and it has the 10" sub as well...

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

And for the sub, make sure it is a "Free Air" subwoofer or you'll be depressed at what you've done. Otherwise you will need to build an enclosure for your aftermarket sub.

SORRY about the double post, forum is loading really slow this afternoon...... :(

• 4 weeks later...