Decrease In Performance

ar39

I filled gas at a Marathon station in OH & noticed a decrease in performance on the way back to MD. My 2006 AWD lacked pulling which, was emminent on the hills of Cumberland. After the trip, I notice the throttle pedal to be hard & hesitation to accelerate. I filled gas at my local Exxon station but, there is no improvement in performance. However, the gas mileage has not dropped.

I would like to hear from drivers with similar experiences & suggestions for getting back the original performance.

Thanks!

what kind of gas is it(octane)? and you might be experiencing the typical "lexus" hesitation. The pedal is electronically controlled so it has a slower response. Try using the VSC switch and put it into PWR.

I used 93 grade gas both times. The car has been in PWR mode. I can see a noticable difference in acceleration.

what kind of gas is it(octane)? and you might be experiencing the typical "lexus" hesitation. The pedal is electronically controlled so it has a slower response. Try using the VSC switch and put it into PWR.

I used 93 grade gas both times. The car has been in PWR mode. I can see a noticable difference in acceleration.

hmm I dunno then

I'm not really sure how much of a difference your talking about here. There may have been some ethanol blend differences from MD to OH, which can be noticable. If the ECU has made adjustments in timing it may take a few tanks for the ECU to readjust. If you don't mind losing some of your settings and radio presets, and you want to expedite things, you can try disconnecting the negative battery terminal for about 10-15 minutes, and then reconnect it and see if that fixes it. It's very possible that the car has just read a different driving habit and is now in more of a fuel saving mode, then when your throttling around in MD and needing more power, and has nothing to do with the fuel blend issues as well.

I'm not really sure how much of a difference your talking about here. There may have been some ethanol blend differences from MD to OH, which can be noticable. If the ECU has made adjustments in timing it may take a few tanks for the ECU to readjust. If you don't mind losing some of your settings and radio presets, and you want to expedite things, you can try disconnecting the negative battery terminal for about 10-15 minutes, and then reconnect it and see if that fixes it. It's very possible that the car has just read a different driving habit and is now in more of a fuel saving mode, then when your throttling around in MD and needing more power, and has nothing to do with the fuel blend issues as well.

I got owned be a Toyota Corolla, it's that bad! I do not blame it on the fuel as the difference in brands is very minimal; I might be wrong here. I tried over-revving when the car was not pulling on slopes but, the rpm did not increase more than 2500 even when the accelerator was stamped to the floor. As you said, I'll fill-up a few times with local gas & observe the difference. This time I'll try Texaco, I believe that's a top-tier gas that contains techron.

Are you saying that the car won't reach redline? That it only goes up to about 2500 rpm's? Your parking brake isn't slightly on is it? Have you checked the air intake? and the air filter? That Corolla didn't have turbo on it did it? LOL!!!

After burning a tank of gas from a local gas station, the performance is returning back to what it used to be. I conclude poor gas quality to be the cause of low performance. I reached 100 mph without any difficulty whereas, it was tough to get to 60 mph with bad gas. Also, the accelerator pedal does not feel hard anymore.

After burning a tank of gas from a local gas station, the performance is returning back to what it used to be. I conclude poor gas quality to be the cause of low performance. I reached 100 mph without any difficulty whereas, it was tough to get to 60 mph with bad gas. Also, the accelerator pedal does not feel hard anymore.

wow they must have given you water instead of gas. not surprising with the economy in flux.

dang thats terrible i bet they did give you like 20 percent gas the rest water.