Is There Any Way To Do A Burn Out With A 2006 Gs430?

Traction control is off when you switch it off unless the wireing is mesed up. Cars not built for it can burn out by holding the brake and reving until wheels begin to slip then let off and floor it. Or get in a parking lot or an area that has some room, turn wheel sharp at sit still and floor it, this will cause the car to lose traction and slide sideways, then tires will begin burnout.

$60,000 car and you want to do burnouts?!?

Sad.

As I said, I am getting a new set of tires and want to play with the car, learn about the handling etc. To get the most out of a RWD car, you need to able to slip the rear end. Not abusing the car per se. Anyway, if anyone can tell me if it's possible...seems like when you hold the brake and rev engine, rpms drop when brake is released. Not trying to offend anyone.

I've taken professional driving courses, you do not need to do burnouts in a car to learn how to handle it. I've driven high powered RWD vehicles on tracks and on street courses, and at no time was I told by the instructors to do a burnout.

"To get the most out of a RWD car you need to be able to slip the rear end". Come on, get real. Are you going to be autocrossing the car? Did you enter it into the 24 hours of LeMans? There is no practical reason to do burnouts in any passenger car, let alone a heavy luxury sedan. At what time on a surface street at 40MPH or on the highway at 75 do you need to "slip the rear end". Please.

The tires aren't the issue, burnouts put stress on the differential, transmission, its just not a good idea and it is abuse of your vehicle.

It is YOUR vehicle, but I have a sneaking suspicion it wasn't your $60,000 that purchased it otherwise you wouldn't be interested in abusing it in this way. Its a grown up toy.

Agreed. Really just wanted to have a bit of fun with the old tires. I have atteneded The Jim Russell School at Laguna Seca, and done some racing. I do drive my cars fairly hard, and, yes, it was my money and it was used-just go it. Really just trying to find out how intrusive the safety systems are on the car.

I've taken professional driving courses, you do not need to do burnouts in a car to learn how to handle it. I've driven high powered RWD vehicles on tracks and on street courses, and at no time was I told by the instructors to do a burnout.

"To get the most out of a RWD car you need to be able to slip the rear end". Come on, get real. Are you going to be autocrossing the car? Did you enter it into the 24 hours of LeMans? There is no practical reason to do burnouts in any passenger car, let alone a heavy luxury sedan. At what time on a surface street at 40MPH or on the highway at 75 do you need to "slip the rear end". Please.

The tires aren't the issue, burnouts put stress on the differential, transmission, its just not a good idea and it is abuse of your vehicle.

It is YOUR vehicle, but I have a sneaking suspicion it wasn't your $60,000 that purchased it otherwise you wouldn't be interested in abusing it in this way. Its a grown up toy.

• 8 months later...

yes there is one way, by disengaging the VSC, and this is how you can do it :

the car should be in off mode, and you start your engine normaly , now, within the first 5 seconds from starting the engine only, if you are delayed, or you couldnt complete the steps quickly u will need to shut down the engine and start all over :

1- when the engine is just started and in parking

2- press the parking breakes,

3- push the normal breakkes completly and relase it ( while the parking brake is applyed), repeat 2 times

4- relase the parking breakes,

5- press the normal breakes and keep press ing it to the max by your foot,

6- press the parking break to the max and then relase it, ( while the normal n=breakes applied ) repate two times

7- relase the normal breakes and press the parking brakes again

8- preas the normal brakes fuully and relase it twoice while the parking brakes are still pressed

the VSC light will come on and the traction contrlo will be off untill you shut down the engin, when you do, all these step will be reset

WARNING : while the VSC light on and it is disabled, all the stability controls will be off and the car will handle strangly from the normal driving that you are used to , and might cause accedint if you didnt pay attention, the car will show huge power and can lose control of it easily, don not use this mode a lot as you may forget that it is disabeld and relay on the stabilty control in some moments forgetting they are disabled.

bdhill390,

I've accidentally done gotten the tires to break loose in my wife's ES - a few times on the old tires. There is a spot on the way to work at a stop sign, going uphill so whenever the roads were slick, it was drift-city :) I used to drive a few American Muscle cars, so it was kind of fun at the time but, of course the Lexus does exactly what it's supposed to and immediately corrects the situation, but hey, that's why they're such amazing machines.

Aside from that, keep in mind anytime you're racing someone else or just playing around, the better the tires stick to the road, the more power you transfer to the pavement (which is why this car is so peppy and you can pull away from most of the other street cars pretty easily in the GS)