Outside Mirros Staying In Adjustment

HRP

2002 LS430 bought new and still under extended warranty (80k).

Problem: I use the "fold in" option whenever I park the car. When I restart the mirrors do not remain in the same adjustment. This is also present when someone else has been driving it and reset the memory.

Sequence, press memory adjustment; while the seat adjusts, the mirrors click. Then I insert key and as I'm starting the car, the mirrors fold out, but are not in proper adjustment. usually are angled too high and too close in, so I have to adjust them downward and out. Dealer has replaced the driver's outside mirror with no real change. Makes no difference where the mirror set button is on left, center, or right. Or which seat memory setting is used. It has been a problem for at least the past 4 or five years.

Has anyone noticed this problem and/or found a solution besides resetting the mirrors?

Thanks,

!Removed!

I have an 01 430 and it has the same thing on the pass mirror. It folds out but then it needs adjustment. I have addtl issue with that side as it clicks and clicks a few times before stopping, like it doesnt know it is fully opened or something. Good luck with it, I will be watching to see if anyone has any advice.

I have an 01 430 and it has the same thing on the pass mirror. It folds out but then it needs adjustment. I have addtl issue with that side as it clicks and clicks a few times before stopping, like it doesnt know it is fully opened or something. Good luck with it, I will be watching to see if anyone has any advice.

In for 80k servicing today. Tech is looking into problem, but suggested that I not adjust the mirrors so far out laterally. I've been setting them at full lateral extension. Tried moving them in slightly and at least the clicking stopped. Will wait a few days to see if they remain in proper adjustment. And will repost again. Seems absurd for me to have to adjust mirrors at the whim of the car; it should adjust to my whims, not its.

• 1 month later...

I noted on my 2006 LS 430 that the drivers side mirror glass, when adjusted to my preferred position, hits the body as it folds in. I decided not to automatically fold the mirrors, but perhaps damaged the mirror as it has now stopped working U-D. Unfortunately, it stopped working in the "backing up" position so it is almost useless for driving, but fortunately for me Lexus will have to fix it under warranty. :)

I have had both mirrrors replaced twice for folding and adjustment issues. The most-recent replacement also involved a 'mirror control module' in the passenger door. That symptom was the mirror glass adjuster repeatedly clicking as if it were at the end of its range and didn't know it. All were coverd by the Platnum extended warranty.