Programming For Lx 450 Keyless Remote

HRguru

Someone please help! I know someonw has done this before! I recently purchased a 1996 LX450 (and love it!) but it did not have any keyless entry remotes included.

I purchased a keyless entry remote for a 96 LX450 with the same FCC ID my vehicle uses.

What are the exact steps to program this specific remote for my specific '96 LX450?

Please help!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a used OEM lexus factory remote from E-bay last week for $14.00 including shipping! What a bargain. I programmed it and it works well with the factory keyless entry/anti-theft system.

The '96 LX450 remotes are pretty hard to find on E-bay, but there are a few listed currently. You will need to check your owner's manual for the FCC ID number and make sure the remote you are buying has the same FCC ID frequency number.

You can also find new, genuine OEM remotes from keylessride.com for around $80. and from lexus-parts.com for $72.

This is much better than the local dealer's price.

Note that the programming instructions on page 4 are somewhat vague. I could not get them to work and I searched the internet and found more detailed instructions on the Landcruiser Owner's website.

To program, you need to push the green button on the black box under the driver's seat for 3 seconds until the security light on the dash lights up. It will stay lit for 5 seconds, and all you need to do is push the first button on your remote and the lights will flash. You are then done. It took me less than a minute to program my used remote.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...

:cheers:

I purchased a used OEM lexus factory remote from E-bay last week for $14.00 including shipping! What a bargain. I programmed it and it works well with the factory keyless entry/anti-theft system.

The '96 LX450 remotes are pretty hard to find on E-bay, but there are a few listed currently. You will need to check your owner's manual for the FCC ID number and make sure the remote you are buying has the same FCC ID frequency number.

You can also find new, genuine OEM remotes from keylessride.com for around $80. and from lexus-parts.com for $72.

This is much better than the local dealer's price.

Note that the programming instructions on page 4 are somewhat vague. I could not get them to work and I searched the internet and found more detailed instructions on the Landcruiser Owner's website.

To program, you need to push the green button on the black box under the driver's seat for 3 seconds until the security light on the dash lights up. It will stay lit for 5 seconds, and all you need to do is push the first button on your remote and the lights will flash. You are then done. It took me less than a minute to program my used remote.

• 10 months later...