Oil Light And Other Lights

I was driving Saturday night a short distance and 4 lights came on--brake light, abs light and 2 others?? it drove normally. turned around and went home and turned off car and restarted and drove around neighborhood and did not come back on.

i checked oil and it is ok.

i drove it a short distance last night and this morning and no lights came on.

the day that happened i had my tires rotated at a tire place. the last time i had my oil changed my husband did it. i have around 21,000 miles on it.

any ideas why the lights came on?

thanks!

carol

it was the brake light and the abs and 2 others not the oil light! oops!

I was driving Saturday night a short distance and 4 lights came on--brake light, abs light and 2 others?? it drove normally. turned around and went home and turned off car and restarted and drove around neighborhood and did not come back on.

i checked oil and it is ok.

i drove it a short distance last night and this morning and no lights came on.

the day that happened i had my tires rotated at a tire place. the last time i had my oil changed my husband did it. i have around 21,000 miles on it.

any ideas why the lights came on?

thanks!

carol

• 4 weeks later...

I know these cars are sophisticated but sometimes there are more issues. I have had this problem twice and I hope the dealer can get it right soon. The VSC, ABS, and Brake indicator lights go on while driving. There are no changes in the way the vehicle brakes or drives but for some odd reason these lights go on and stay on until the engine is shut off. I have to restart the engine and the lights go off. Then every few days the same thing happens again. There must be a bad sensor or something. The first repair was done, and the dealer said the brake sensor was bad. It was replaced under the warranty. Now I am close to the end of the warranty and I’m having the same problem. If is fixed again under warranty, and then my warranty is over (50K) what will happen if I have the same problem again? Am I covered beyond the factory warranty? Does anyone have any information they can share on this problem? :unsure:

• 1 month later...

In both cases it sounds like a faulty brake light switch. Fairly common and easy to replace. This repair is covered under the factory 4yr 50k warranty. On the '04 RX330's there was a campaign (recall) to replace this brake light switch. Even the new RX's that already have the updated switch that Lexus came out with, still are having problems.