Radiator Failiure

BlackSC4

hey, my radiator is leaking and i'm thinking about repairing it, but how reliable is that? lexus wants 500$ for a brand new one! how does that compare to a 180$ generic radiator from radiator shops?? thanks for any inputs.

How bad is it leaking and from where? A radiator shop might be able to fix it, rod it out. You might be able to find a decent one from one of many Lexus recycle yards. I have found out through experience that it is best to go with factory replacement parts or high performance parts just to be on the safe side

The ARC radiator fits right in a looks like a work of art but it is 1,500$. You could probably get a new fluidyne for 400$. Expensive is a matter of perspective I think. If anyone can find me a ARC radiator for 800$ total - I'll buy it.

i'm not running a force induction sc400, so i really dont want to waste good money on an expensive ($400+) on a radiator. are there any reliable but not necessarily high performance radiators for about 200???

I would say the best bet is to call around to your local Radiator shops, or places that do the work. Any OE replacement radiator is going to do fine, or they wouldn't sell them. It's not going to make your car overheat within a day, or explode. If it comes with a warranty, you can expect it to last atleast that long. For $200 though, I wouldn't expect much. I've seen OE's that are much more than that. All depends on the size/design. Fluidyne's are the most expensive in the world, around $400 is about dead on, but for what it does, and the price. You can't get better than that, unless you step up to AJ's dream woman of a Radiator ;) haha