Hood Springs- Not Working

vroom8

I doubt they are springs, they are probably hydrolics if they are like everyone elses. And yea you can replace them just type something like "LS400 Lexus hood hydrolics" in the search engine at ebay. Or look in the replacement part section at carstuff.com

after searching on my own a few months back, i decided on the simple fix. Go to auto zone and get mighty life (part number #c95029) hood strut. I only bought one, even though both were shot, and it hold it up fine, actually lifts up all on its own with no problems thus far. Only problem is you need to get the little ball/screw out of the old hood strut, and u neew to saw a piece off without damaging the ball. Good luck if you choose this route.

ps took me in all about 30 min to replace.

I think I got both for either $30 or $35 at Autozone, they had them in stock.

Very important to note when replacing them: although you may have "dead" hood struts they do still hold a lot of the weight. you'd be very suprised how heavy the hood is with even one of them removed, make sure you properly hold up the hood in BOTH corners before replacing either of the struts.

I just replaced my hood supports with some that I won on ebay. I paid $55 for the pair shipped, the set came with the 2 supports as well as the 4 ball screws (so, installation takes 3 minutes). They fit perfectly and hold the hood nice and high. Sure beats paying $150+ for the OEM supports.

This is what I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=150293993947

What they send you looks exactly like it does on the auction except that the screws are black (One side had already been installed when I took the pic).....

post-1461-1222281201_thumb.jpg