I Am A New Driver & Owner Of Lexus

Ghulam Haider

I BOUGHT 2001 LEXUS RX 300 A MONTH AGO. THIS IS THE FIRST CAR IN MY LIFE. SEVERAL THINGS I NEED TO KNOW. WHAT IS MEAN BY ENGIN CHECK SIGN, WHAT IS O/D ON THE GEAR, WHEN SHOULD I CHANGE OIL. MY CAR CONSUMES 10 MPG GAS IS IT POSSIBLE TO DECREASE THE GAS CONSUMPTION BY CHANGING SOMETHING IN ENGIN. SHOULD I WASH THE ENGIN OR NOT?

I BOUGHT 2001 LEXUS RX 300 A MONTH AGO. THIS IS THE FIRST CAR IN MY LIFE. SEVERAL THINGS I NEED TO KNOW. WHAT IS MEAN BY ENGIN CHECK SIGN, WHAT IS O/D ON THE GEAR, WHEN SHOULD I CHANGE OIL. MY CAR CONSUMES 10 MPG GAS IS IT POSSIBLE TO DECREASE THE GAS CONSUMPTION BY CHANGING SOMETHING IN ENGIN. SHOULD I WASH THE ENGIN OR NOT?

Try using the search feature of this forum for answers to your questions. It is in the top right corner of the page. The search term has to be more than three letters long. There is a wealth of knowledge already on this site - especially about the RX300.

Try not using ALL CAPS.

Cogratulations, the o/d turns the overdrive off so your tranny effectively becomes a 3 speed instead of a 4 speed. As mentioned above is a good start for the other problems. Engine sign means the computer has thrown a code where some parameter is out of sync with what it is "suppose" to be doing, get the car scanned at an autozone or take it to a shop and they will tell you what it is. I would say the gas consumption has something to do wtih the code as 10mpg is half what it should be. Good luck.