Nakamichi Amplifier Rebuild

BIG-BRI

I just received my Nakamichi amp back from being rebuilt at a company called ATE (Auto & Truck Electronics) out of TN. They talked a good game, but the sound quality now is nothing like the factory used to be. It lacks richness and the volume is not nearly as powerful as it was. This is frustrating! I'm thinking about trying another company FCSR (Factory Car Stereo Repair) out of FL. I just don't want to continue throwing more money down the hole on something that won't get me back to that rich, powerful sound I once had. It's really hard to believe that some company hasn't made an easy plug and play replacement amp for our set-up. Every shop I talk to wants to rip everything out and start fresh. I'm sure they do... lol $$$ So, has anyone in here used FCSR?? Thx

• 2 weeks later...
I just received my Nakamichi amp back from being rebuilt at a company called ATE (Auto & Truck Electronics) out of TN. They talked a good game, but the sound quality now is nothing like the factory used to be. It lacks richness and the volume is not nearly as powerful as it was. This is frustrating! I'm thinking about trying another company FCSR (Factory Car Stereo Repair) out of FL. I just don't want to continue throwing more money down the hole on something that won't get me back to that rich, powerful sound I once had. It's really hard to believe that some company hasn't made an easy plug and play replacement amp for our set-up. Every shop I talk to wants to rip everything out and start fresh. I'm sure they do... lol $$$ So, has anyone in here used FCSR?? Thx

Please let me know if you decide to use FCSR or somebody else. My amp just went out a few weeks ago but I bought used one on e-bay and for now the stereo is working again with the same sound. I kept my old amp which looks great but obviously something is wrong and may need it repaired someday and I hope one of these repair companies are actually good at repairs. What did ATE say to you about the sound quality? What is your next step?

wave7, This company may be of help with your bad amp. Repair rate for Nakamichi Amplifiers, $250 with a six month warranty.

http://www.carstereohelp.com/strlexus.htm

Thanks for the response. I saw them when I was searching before on the internet, have you used them personally? FYI, I bought a used one for the same price delivered.

Yes, I used "FCSR (Factory Car Stereo Repair) out of FL" earlier this year to repair the radio head unit of the Nakamichi system in my 2000 LS400.

The right channel was out and, if it was the standard Pioneer system, the problem would more likely have been in the amp. I determined the problem was not the amp by hooking my amp to a friends 99 LS that has the same Nak system.

FCSR repaired my headunit very quickly -- "Bob" called me on the phone to provide a status of the repair. It was a wonderful customer experience and I would highly recommend FCSR.

If you have any doubts about the cause of the problem, I would encourage you to send both your head unit and amp to FCSR so that they can verify that the entire system is working properly after it is repaired.

Yes, I used "FCSR (Factory Car Stereo Repair) out of FL" earlier this year to repair the radio head unit of the Nakamichi system in my 2000 LS400.

The right channel was out and, if it was the standard Pioneer system, the problem would more likely have been in the amp. I determined the problem was not the amp by hooking my amp to a friends 99 LS that has the same Nak system.

FCSR repaired my headunit very quickly -- "Bob" called me on the phone to provide a status of the repair. It was a wonderful customer experience and I would highly recommend FCSR.

If you have any doubts about the cause of the problem, I would encourage you to send both your head unit and amp to FCSR so that they can verify that the entire system is working properly after it is repaired.

I have my stock 1992 amplifier thats sitting in the garage. Its for sale if you want it. It works perfectly. If you need the plug ins let me know... I upgraded my entire system, dont need this one anymore... Email me at firefightersince1992@yahoo.com.