Power Rear Window Installation

J Random User

Hi there! I just bought my 2008 Lexus ES 350 last month and the dealer said that the 'power rear window sunshade' doesn't come as an option in Lexus models that came in through Newark, NJ (port of entry into the USA).

Does anyone know whether I can have the ' power rear window sunshade' installed as an aftermarket option? Do they install it? If yes, how much does it cost?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there! I just bought my 2008 Lexus ES 350 last month and the dealer said that the 'power rear window sunshade' doesn't come as an option in Lexus models that came in through Newark, NJ (port of entry into the USA).

Does anyone know whether I can have the ' power rear window sunshade' installed as an aftermarket option? Do they install it? If yes, how much does it cost?

Thanks in advance!

What the hell was that salesman smoking?! My car, which is being delivered this week, came through Newark. I live in NJ and it has the power rear shade. I saw several other models at various dealerships here in NJ that had it as well. It's probably a function of the car you bought and how they configure them. Mine is an Ultra Luxury (UL) model which comes with that option standard. I'm not affiliated with any dealer and I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure there are certain configurations you can't just add it. It is either a model configuration that has it or it doesn't. I'm sure there's a few other posters here who can confirm one way or another.

But the Newark port thing...that's the first I've heard of that.

Its the option package, not the port. The UL has the power shade.

It can't really be installed aftermarket, well it can but it would cost a boatload...probably thousands.

I have it, its neat but its not worth sweating over.

The rear window power-sunshade is only available with the premium plus option, which includes Perforated Leather Seats, Multi-Level Heated & Ventilated Front Seats w/ Power Cushion Extenders, Rain-sensing wipers, High Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlamps. Perhaps you purchased the level one option, which does not include rear window sunshade? :rolleyes: