How Do You Fix A Trac Light Problem?

LexusPete

I own a 1993 Lexus LS400, which seems to have a TRAC malfunction. The light comes on for one or two days, then goes out for a week, but keeps coming back. The malfunction code points to the ECU computer, but it seems to be sending out the proper signals according to the mechanic. Does anybody else have a similiar problem? Send your suggestions my way. Thank you.

P.S. Lexus Sucks! :(

Flush the brake system thoroughly and completely. There are lots of one way check-valves in the ABS/Trac system that can too easily get blocked open temporairily with small bits of debris.

Lexus dealers SUCK, not Lexus. The LS400 series is hands down the best buy on the planet.

I own a 1993 Lexus LS400, which seems to have a TRAC malfunction. The light comes on for one or two days, then goes out for a week, but keeps coming back. The malfunction code points to the ECU computer, but it seems to be sending out the proper signals according to the mechanic. Does anybody else have a similiar problem? Send your suggestions my way. Thank you.

P.S. Lexus Sucks! :(

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Perhaps your Lexus is a lemon? What is the mileage? Was it properly cared for? Abused?

My 90 LS400 has 225K and is in perfect working order.

Good luck with your problem.