Driver's Window Is Slow And Noisy

Mike Floutier

Hi,

My new LS430 has 145,000 miles on the clock and I have a problem in that the driver's window is slow and noisy in operation.

Does anyone know an easy way to lubricate it? I looked at the workshop manual for dismantling the door but it looked very complicated.

Thanks

Mike

Try putting silicone grease on the black rubber parts surrounding the window. That worked well for me.

Hey, just a funny, my car looks almost exactly like yours! Except mine's a 90. How many miles does yours have? Just curious.

It is a 1992, has 146,000 miles.

Try putting silicone grease on the black rubber parts surrounding the window. That worked well for me.

Hey, just a funny, my car looks almost exactly like yours! Except mine's a 90. How many miles does yours have? Just curious.

It is a 1992, has 146,000 miles.

I bought mine used about a month ago, it has 197000 miles on it, still seems to be in tip top shape, we had the mechanic go over it. Love the car, it's my first Lexus, actually. :D

Ok, getting back to my windows - hehe - I got the silicone grease and cleaned the tracks and applied it but it makes no difference (they were in pretty good order anyway).

Now I want to get access to the moving parts to the window winding mechanism. In the manual I can only see how to dismantle the entire door and this is a huge procedure requiring riveting etc. Is there a simple way of lubricating the winding mechanism?

Thanks

Mike