Blayd

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:rolleyes: Or maybe he's playin with us :unsure: :o

MAYBE! no pics/vids and a 4000Lbs. car running mid 10's with no major upgrades. cams and pistons would help, but the factory's best times were in the 16's and thats 16 years and god knows how many miles ago. the cost of all this would be rather godlike especially for an old lexus. but if you got time and money it could be possible. allthough it seems like he dosent know what he's talkin about and probly has more done to it than he's said. Who Knows??

a 2.4k torque converter would do wonders as well for a chipped & breathing 1uz with crazy big tires, I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility.

also, I've heard the same things about bosch platinum 4s and LS400s, just not a happy combination.

My original plugs went 130,000m before I acquired the car and changed them, they looked the same as the 60k plugs that came out of my '02 Taurus and the car didn't have any ignition problems. Probably could've run another 30k. Denso FTW.

a 2.4k torque converter would do wonders as well for a chipped & breathing 1uz with crazy big tires, I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility.

also, I've heard the same things about bosch platinum 4s and LS400s, just not a happy combination.

My original plugs went 130,000m before I acquired the car and changed them, they looked the same as the 60k plugs that came out of my '02 Taurus and the car didn't have any ignition problems. Probably could've run another 30k. Denso FTW.

Just to clearify, your saying a modified torque converter, piggyback computer, a K&N air intake, (not a turbo or supercharger), headers, the best exhaust money can buy, a five angle valve job with ported and polished heads (with aluminum heads and block), can get you around 600 rwhp? on a 92 LS 400, with out knowing anything else has been done to the car? 944.gif

Can the stock transmission even hold that much hp?

Drag racing times come down to boring math. Power to weight. So many things can be figured out from ET, trap speed, 60' times etc. Kinda takes some of the fun out of it but is accurate.

Independent Rear Suspension don't usually care much for high hp drag strip starts. Going to a custom 9" Ford would really help, lotsa gear ratios and uber-strong. Figure out some kinda 4 link rear suspension, might could even use some of the existing set-up.

Ok im back. Having a hard time getting in touch with my friend who has my racing vids (I thought he was) see the prob there is that he was my sister boyfriend and they broke up so he's mad at her (and somehow me) so I can't get in touch with him. I have no doubt I can eventually though. And like I said in the garage part of this site I have no dea whats in it. My dad used to race and when he went to look at this car (it was a gift for my 17th b-day) it was posted as having a "racing modified engine" he was so impressed with it he paid the asking price of $9000. Far more than a 92 in perfect condition is worth. Anyway I went to my mechanics place to drop off the new computer for it and we were talking about ways to make it faster. He said there was NO WAY to do anything else exept switch it to a 6-speed manal. I asked about a turbocharger and he said "what to you think that is !Removed!?" pointing to something (hey I didn't know) he explined thats why the engine starts to get high pitched at high RPMs. And that the chasis (spelling) had been replaced with a completly different kind than is stock. Prob because the old one had been twistend on takeoff. So yea no doubts I have no clue about that kinda stuff I thought I did but I was dissalusioned :( But who cares? bought or built its still amazing. :D

Cool. A turbo LS400 with a tube chassis or at least the front half. Take some pics of the rearend too. Does it still use the LS400 automatic transmission? This is a street car with tags and a title? Do you remember what your trap speed was at the end of the 1/4mile?

Well, until you can that video, just go outside, pop the hood and take some pics, then come back in and load em up here so we can see this beast.

Great, then when you go to the shop and get the pictures taken, ask the guy what all it has so we can see. :)

If I had a turbocharged tube frame lexus I would have pictures of it all over my house, even if it was apart and at someone elses shop.

If... it exists.... why do you NOT have pictures of it? <_<

Great, then when you go to the shop and get the pictures taken, ask the guy what all it has so we can see. :)

If I had a turbocharged tube frame lexus I would have pictures of it all over my house, even if it was apart and at someone elses shop.

If... it exists.... why do you NOT have pictures of it? <_<

I didnt know it HAD a tc. Just that the car cost a lot and was scary fast.

jeeeeeeesus man I'm just kidding!

If you would have read other posts and seen my PM's I've asked for pics and/or vids many a time since Blayd has been a member. Even before this performance info has been revealed.

Just giving him a hard time for taking so long! And I will be slightly skeptical until I see some pics of this beast Blayd ;)

Ok, Blayd, I hope you understand everyones skepticism here. Anyone with a mechanical background, which is most everyone on a car enthustiasts website, is going to question someone coming in with a 600 hp turbo charged 4.0L V8 LS doing high 10's with no pics, no vid, no time slips, no build thread, and no mechanical experience. I'm not saying you do or don't have that car, I think everyone just want's to know if your for real or not. Which by the way, your gonna get called out alot more as jcrome has done. Your title "Tuner Elite" is not helping your credibility. It's pretty obviuos you have no clue what your talking about if your driving around in a turbo charged V8 and had no idea what was under the hood. I'm just trying to give you some friendly advice here. If your gonna make some big claims like that, you gotta have pics and vids to back it up.

So, what are your plans now? Are you replacing the motor or the whole car? Why are you selling the motor again?

Ok, Blayd, I hope you understand everyones skepticism here. Anyone with a mechanical background, which is most everyone on a car enthustiasts website, is going to question someone coming in with a 600 hp turbo charged 4.0L V8 LS doing high 10's with no pics, no vid, no time slips, no build thread, and no mechanical experience. I'm not saying you do or don't have that car, I think everyone just want's to know if your for real or not. Which by the way, your gonna get called out alot more as jcrome has done. Your title "Tuner Elite" is not helping your credibility. It's pretty obviuos you have no clue what your talking about if your driving around in a turbo charged V8 and had no idea what was under the hood. I'm just trying to give you some friendly advice here. If your gonna make some big claims like that, you gotta have pics and vids to back it up.

So, what are your plans now? Are you replacing the motor or the whole car? Why are you selling the motor again?

Because the mechanic said it was ruined so 3500 seemed like a good deal. Just the motor. And it didnt seem like a big deal I mean, I get beat by little turbocharged, sprayed, tuners like Civics and Supras all the time

you DO NOT get beat by civics if you have a +600hp V8 LS300 running high tens in the 1/4mile. Also you can't compare a Civic to a Supra....

dude what is your deal? The more I hear from you the more I am inclined to not believe you. I say get some pics or vids up asap to back up all this talk.

I can sit here and make all the claims I want and excuse myself out of posting any proof too...it's the internet, anyone can lie about anything.

Your activity on the forums however would make me think otherwise. There is something fishy going on here Blayd, and until you post some proof...I will abstain from believing any of this. Nothing personal, just that none of it falls into place.

Ok you dont beleive me. I dont need to hear about it. Look around J. I didnt jump on this forum bragging or anything. Someone asked me a questin and I answered it to the best of my ability and everyone jumps in and says that it isnt true because I dont know the specifics. Im not a mechanic. I didnt build it. I dont understand any of it, true. Id dont care Id rather take it to a racing mechanic and say heres 30k. Make it fast. Call me when u run out and I want my change. Most people dont know whats under their hood or how it works. Some people dont wanna be bothered and they just wanna push a pedal really hard. So I dont have a video. What dork has a video of their car. My car is trash compared to most of my friends cars If I wanna see it go fast I drive it. Only people with an over-estimated sense of theirself or whatever they are filming, film their stuff. And if you think that someone cant take a Honda Cicic, Toyota Supra, Grimlin..etc. ANY kind of car and turn it into a 10 sec. car you'r no mechanic either.

Dude...... there's NO reason to get offended. NOBODY is trying to do that.

Just seems odd to have an alleged 10 second LS and have NO videos, and NO pictures ANYWHERE.

How is a 10sec LS TRASH???? even if it is rusted out and dented up I bet you could get it into a reputable magazine. That is a VERY VERY VERY VERY RARE thing to have. I have never heard of a 10 sec LS. and I, along with every other member on this forum, would like to see one.

Everybody wants to see it Blayd, you don't have to be a "dork" and have "an over-estimated sense of theirself or whatever they are filming" to have a picture or video of a vehicle. I have pictures and videos of my car online, just to show other members what I've got. I'm not here bragging, gloating, or being a dork... just simply sharing my passion that other members have.

I just want to see it Blayd! I've shown you mine, now YOU show me YOURS!! hahaha ;)

:cheers:

Hey! I got this here sasquatch in my freezer in the basement. It's real alright. Kilt it meself. Trust me its a real one, smells somethin' awful. Actually I found it under a bridge, short little guy, real hairy. Had a hat on too. You know, it looks more like........a troll.........

10 second quarter. Nope, don't believe it for a second.