Bosch Platinum Fusion Plugs

Blayd

A few months ago I replaced my plugs with the Platinum Fusion plugs from Bosch, shortly thereafter an aspiring mechanic told me that he's experienced a lot of Jap cars that started skipping after they installed them. Has anyone ranthese plugs for a while? Anyone had any problems out of them?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, you might want to rethink the Bosch thing. They just don't match up well for Toyota or Honda's. Denso's and NGK's are by far a better choice for these cars. The new Irridium line is by far the best plug to come along so far. They really transfer and dissapate the heat very well.

What year is your LS?

92? Definatley go with the Denso line up then. Denso was actually developed by Toyota, like Motorcraft and AC delco for Ford and Chevy.

Seeing as how you already have em in, I would just run them until you have a problem or the next time you need to replace them. I don't see any reason to pull them now unless you can return or exchange them.

My future plans are to run under 8.5 seconds. I have a modified toyota supra racing intake by K&N, racing plug wires, 40 series flo-master, Lenso lightweight drag rims, I usually use high perfermance Toyo tires that are very soft so they don't last long but great handling, a piggyback computer system to control optimum fuel ignition, ceramic brake pads, Hooker headers, and 3.5" exaust pipes. Aftermarket sound system and radio. Ill get some pics soon but like I've said its in the shop for that famous low idle, wont take off problem that all the older LS400s run into. The mechanic replaiced almost all of the electronics in the engine exept the ECU and that didnt fix the prob so now hes ordering a new ECU for it, everyone pray that fixes the problem.

Your running high 10's with bolt ons and a puter? Yeah, I need to see this car you have. Why are you even running a stock ECU? If you want full control then just go to a stand alone. Pre ODB II systems are cheap!

And you have to have more done to the car than what you have listed so far. What are your 60' and 1/8th times?

And how much hp at the rear wheels are you pushing now?

I'm going to move this to the LS forum. I think that this will get more attention there.

Your running high 10's with bolt ons and a puter? Yeah, I need to see this car you have. Why are you even running a stock ECU? If you want full control then just go to a stand alone. Pre ODB II systems are cheap!

And you have to have more done to the car than what you have listed so far. What are your 60' and 1/8th times?

Well my mechanic DID forge the pistons (whatever that means) It came with the whole "make it really fast" package I told him. I don not know if that makes a big difference. He also did something about the overhead cams (replaced them with racing cams? I duno 'bout cams) The mech is my dad's friend and he's really good with that stuff although he usually only American cars.

Im not sure bout 60 footer or 1/8th. I run at Jakson in SC and only do quarter.

p.s. Im not sure if "forge the pistons" is the right term, in any case it has forged pistons now.