Rotors & Pads

I recently purchased this vehicle and it's now time for a change in brakes. I was curious what everyone here has done...kept it stock or upgraded? If you up graded did you go slotted, drilled or a combo of the two? Check out the two links below and give any comments or business dealings with them and your opinions.

Option #1

Option #2

Thanks!!

I recently purchased this vehicle and it's now time for a change in brakes. I was curious what everyone here has done...kept it stock or upgraded? If you up graded did you go slotted, drilled or a combo of the two? Check out the two links below and give any comments or business dealings with them and your opinions.

Option #1

Option #2

Thanks!!

There are quite a few considerations when replacing/upgrading stock rotors and pads. As a first stop, you might stop by one of the sponsors on this site, www.tirerack.com.

Drilled, dimpled, or slotted rotors WILL make noise no matter what you do, period. Keeping that in mind stock rotors tend to rust around the hat and veins so stock replacements like Power Slot and Rotora, which I consider to be two of the best, should give you some ideas. For example, I run Rotora slotted (black hat and veins) in the summer while I have on my Work VS-KF's, black face w/polished lip, then I run stock rotors where I painted the hats silver to match my L-Tuned wheels.

So, with all the said, my recommendation is to not use slotted or drilled rotors and to think of the statement you make with the rotors on. Performance vs. function vs. luxury.