Just Got My Sc400

keln

Hello my first time posting.

I just bought myself a sc400 93' with 35k miles. Its a V8 pretty big engine, so i am a tad worried about gasoline. What should I do to increase MPG?

Make sure your air filter is like new, keep proper air pressure in your tires, drive moderately and enjoy the car.

defenetly don't be scared of the MPG of these cars...i deliver pizza in mine usually 5 nights a week. so on average i do about 60 miles per night and my tank lasts a little over a week and averages out to anywhere from 18-21 mpg CITY. i am also 17 so i have a tendency to show people that my Lexus is faster than their honda every now and then and i still fill up once a week and it cost me about 50 dollars from a quarter tank.

Hello my first time posting.

I just bought myself a sc400 93' with 35k miles. Its a V8 pretty big engine, so i am a tad worried about gasoline. What should I do to increase MPG?

Try to stay off the gas, peeling out, quick acceleration. That burns up the gas tank very quickly. Also, Where exactly did you find a 1993 with only 35,000 miles?

defenetly don't be scared of the MPG of these cars...i deliver pizza in mine usually 5 nights a week. so on average i do about 60 miles per night and my tank lasts a little over a week and averages out to anywhere from 18-21 mpg CITY. i am also 17 so i have a tendency to show people that my Lexus is faster than their honda every now and then and i still fill up once a week and it cost me about 50 dollars from a quarter tank.

I tried delivering pizza in my 92 SC400, and it was a disaster. My Dad was a mechanic and kept up with my car, so I know there weren't any problems. Short distances eat up the gas tank.

sorry to break it to you man but you have a V8 its gonna chug gas, just be glad you doing it with a bad !Removed! car and not some red neck truck, enjoy the car, have your fun and if your that worried about a couple extra bucks a week try selling plasma. im a 21 year old college student, i cant keep my foot off the floor and i love ever second of it, and yes i do sell plasma to pay for the gas (as well as beer)

I found it at a dealer... but so i could change my air filter? I put gas the other day and now i have to put gas. I live in the city.

Avoid driving the car during the week since you live in the city. leave it for the weekends of travels. You'll get better mileage on highways anyway.