Broken Stem Valve On Front Right Tire

Ok...Last two day..my GS430 showed a status of "Low Tire", I was trying to check by myself and found out that..air was leaking slowly on the front right wheel...noticed a broken stem valve...I called Lexus and they said that metal valve has a sensor in it..so it costs about 200-250 bucks to replace it...any suggestion guys?

I don't want to spend that much on the valve..seriously...driving a luxury car..doesn't mean I got a lot of money like that.. :(

Ok...Last two day..my GS430 showed a status of "Low Tire", I was trying to check by myself and found out that..air was leaking slowly on the front right wheel...noticed a broken stem valve...I called Lexus and they said that metal valve has a sensor in it..so it costs about 200-250 bucks to replace it...any suggestion guys?

I don't want to spend that much on the valve..seriously...driving a luxury car..doesn't mean I got a lot of money like that.. :(

Wouldn't it be covered by the basic warranty?

a new TPMS sensor is about $110 from Lexus (little less online). Then figure and hour to mount it on the rim and program the new code into the ECU. There is another $120. According to my dealership (Herb Chambers Lexus) the TPMS sensors are covered under warranty unless they are specifically mounted on non-Lexus rims by a non-Lexus shop. If your sensor is on a Lexus rim then I would talk to the service manager and give Customer Service (1-800-25-LEXUS) a call.

Another option: Lexus uses Pacific brand sensors. These sensors can also be had for much less money through TireRack.com. They will send you the new code for the new sensor. Any knowledgable tire shop can mount the new one. Any Toyota or Lexus serviceshop can program in the new code. Total $$ in the end my be much less than your original quote.

steviej

a new TPMS sensor is about $110 from Lexus (little less online). Then figure and hour to mount it on the rim and program the new code into the ECU. There is another $120. According to my dealership (Herb Chambers Lexus) the TPMS sensors are covered under warranty unless they are specifically mounted on non-Lexus rims by a non-Lexus shop. If your sensor is on a Lexus rim then I would talk to the service manager and give Customer Service (1-800-25-LEXUS) a call.

Another option: Lexus uses Pacific brand sensors. These sensors can also be had for much less money through TireRack.com. They will send you the new code for the new sensor. Any knowledgable tire shop can mount the new one. Any Toyota or Lexus serviceshop can program in the new code. Total $$ in the end my be much less than your original quote.

steviej

Thank you very much guys..since It was too expensive I had Firestone replaced it with a regular one temporarily. I will give Lexus a call to see if they will cover for the expense.

Very much appreciate!!