Brake Pad Issues And Related

Got my brakes replaced under the TSB (06 '350, 15k)...guy told me "he doesn't think it'll help". I told him I have a owner's club worth of people who would disagree. I checked part number (04465-30400) and got the right ones. Also did the 15k service.

thanks for the title change, since my old one could be a little confusing.

@smooth1, I left my info for the future pads, he also told me that at any time I can come in and just get the ones that they offer right now with no problems. He mentioned you also(online lexus club gentleman) and said that he is very welcome to help anyone have a more pleasant Lexus experience :)

;) We can move mountains when we all work together! I'm glad this all worked out for you, and you'll be able to get the right pads on your car when your ready. I think most of the dealers are just feeling kind of beat up over this brake TSB. I know that some people ahave been trying to take it a bit too far by going in for the brake dust TSB, then a couple months later going back in for the brake squeal TSB and wanting the brake pads changed out again, then complaining all over again about the brake dust issue. It is Lexus' fault here for not just addressing the matter at the factory and installing, but until they start putting on the new pads, the dealers are going to have to contend with this for awhile.

Got my brakes replaced under the TSB (06 '350, 15k)...guy told me "he doesn't think it'll help". I told him I have a owner's club worth of people who would disagree. I checked part number (04465-30400) and got the right ones. Also did the 15k service.

The person who said it won't help has no clue. The new pads are sooooooooo much better! I haven't noticed any braking feel differences, no squeal, and the rims stay looking nice no matter how much brake dust there seems to be on them. Instead of that dark brown/grey/black powder coating that would develope on the front rims as the wheels get dirty, now it just looks not shiny any more, like the rim just loses it's lustre, but it's atleast the same color now! Even when you haven't washed them for a few weeks.

I highly doubt it. In fact when they do the TSB, they will tell you this is the one they do for free, after that your paying for the replacements.

The person who said it won't help has no clue. The new pads are sooooooooo much better! I haven't noticed any braking feel differences, no squeal, and the rims stay looking nice no matter how much brake dust there seems to be on them. Instead of that dark brown/grey/black powder coating that would develope on the front rims as the wheels get dirty, now it just looks not shiny any more, like the rim just loses it's lustre, but it's atleast the same color now! Even when you haven't washed them for a few weeks.

may be I'm a little bit naive but I dont know what TSB means, could you please explain it to me. Thanks.

TSB stands for Technical Service Bulletin. or TSIB which is Technical Service Information Bulletin. Both are the same.

Building a car is a very complex process. So it's inevitable that there are some small bugs to work out or adjust during the life of the model years. So to address these, car mfgr's post service bulletins for the dealers to fix if the issue becomes a concern to the customer. It's not a recall. But more of an acknowledgement by the mfgr. that alot of customers have this same issue.

I can't believe all you went through. Ironically Tri County and Prestige wanted to sell me a car so-o badly. In the end I went with my closeby friendly dealer who gives me terrific service and did the brake fix without question. Warnock Lexus has the most honest service and are friendly, too. Their motto--Warnock--there really is a difference. I have used their service since '98 for all my Lexuses.

I can't believe all you went through. Ironically Tri County and Prestige wanted to sell me a car so-o badly. In the end I went with my closeby friendly dealer who gives me terrific service and did the brake fix without question. Warnock Lexus has the most honest service and are friendly, too. Their motto--Warnock--there really is a difference. I have used their service since '98 for all my Lexuses.

Lexi

Lexi

LOL!! I think we actually have a thread that discusses this debate also. Is it Lexuses, Lexi, or what? :lol:

Lexi

LOL!! I think we actually have a thread that discusses this debate also. Is it Lexuses, Lexi, or what? :lol:

I'm guessing it should be Lexuses since Lexus is an acronym for Luxury Export United States.... It used to be only for the United States but they sell em in Europe too....so they should change the badge to Lexeu (sounds french) :lol:

Lexi

I'm guessing it should be Lexuses since Lexus is an acronym for Luxury Export United States.... It used to be only for the United States but they sell em in Europe too....so they should change the badge to Lexeu (sounds french) :lol:

That's actually a rumor, which originated in Australia:

The Lexus brand

180px-Lexus_IS_220d_grille.jpg magnify-clip.png

The grille of a Lexus IS featuring the Lexus emblem. In 1986, Toyota's longtime advertising agency Saatchi & Saatchi formed a specialized unit, Team One, to handle marketing for the new luxury brand.[20] Image consulting firm Lippincott & Margulies was hired to develop a list of 219 prospective names; Vectre, Verone, Chaparel, Calibre and Alexis were chosen as top candidates.[21] While Alexis quickly became the front runner (also associated with the Alexis Carrington character on the popular 1980s primetime drama Dynasty) and later morphed to Lexus,[21] the name has been attributed to the combination of the words "luxury" and "elegance."[22] According to Team One interviews, the name has no specific meaning and simply denotes a luxurious and technological image,[21] although Lexus in Australia claim the original name is short for Luxury Export to United States. (LExUS).

I have a 2007 IS 250, and my brake pads squeak loud sometimes, could it be from the dust? And If so do you think the dealership will charge me to get them checked out. It seems that dealerships just want charge you for checking out the littlest problems

I have a 2007 IS 250, and my brake pads squeak loud sometimes, could it be from the dust? And If so do you think the dealership will charge me to get them checked out. It seems that dealerships just want charge you for checking out the littlest problems

Squeak complaints are covered by the TSIB.

http://www.lexustsb.com/questions/197/TSIB...nt+Brake+Squeak

• 4 weeks later...
TSB stands for Technical Service Bulletin. or TSIB which is Technical Service Information Bulletin. Both are the same.

Building a car is a very complex process. So it's inevitable that there are some small bugs to work out or adjust during the life of the model years. So to address these, car mfgr's post service bulletins for the dealers to fix if the issue becomes a concern to the customer. It's not a recall. But more of an acknowledgement by the mfgr. that alot of customers have this same issue.

I took my car to the Lexus dealership in Toronto. They changed the brake pads and also a "shim kit". The brake pad spare part no. was 04465-63030, different from the one you indicated in your earlier replies. Does this make a difference? Also what is a "shim kit"?

Anyhow, the dust has gone and so is the squeak. When Iasked to repalce the brake pad the people at lexus warned me that the brake efficiency could be different but they did not speculate on "what is the difference". So far I did not notice any difference from the past.

I took my car to the Lexus dealership in Toronto. They changed the brake pads and also a "shim kit". The brake pad spare part no. was 04465-63030, different from the one you indicated in your earlier replies. Does this make a difference? Also what is a "shim kit"?

Anyhow, the dust has gone and so is the squeak. When Iasked to repalce the brake pad the people at lexus warned me that the brake efficiency could be different but they did not speculate on "what is the difference". So far I did not notice any difference from the past.

Yeah the brake effectiveness is stated in the TSB but people say that there is hardly any difference at all.