Brake Pad Issues And Related

I had the link to the brake pad issue TSB but I just went to go print it out and realized that it's unavailble. Here's the link

http://www.lexustsb.com/attachments/93/BR002-06.pdf

Not Found

The requested URL /attachments/93/BR002-06.pdf was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.6 Server at www.lexustsb.com Port 80

EDIT: never mind I found it.

http://www.lexustsb.com/questions/198/TSIB...rake+Dust+Issue

Came in for service, got declined because I have an '08. It took them almost an hour to confirm if the TSB was extended. I was later told that they only saw regular brake wear/dust, even though I said that I just washed it recently... and basically they didn't do *BLEEP* except wash my car. So yeah, discuss...

Came in for service, got declined because I have an '08. It took them almost an hour to confirm if the TSB was extended. I was later told that they only saw regular brake wear/dust, even though I said that I just washed it recently... and basically they didn't do *BLEEP* except wash my car. So yeah, discuss...

That's kind of odd. My dealer told me before I even drove the car off the lot, when I made the purchase, that the brake pad swap was available if I didn't like how much dust was being generated. It's funny how cheap some of the dealers try to be... which REALLY hurts them in the long run. Are there other dealers in the area?

That's kind of odd. My dealer told me before I even drove the car off the lot, when I made the purchase, that the brake pad swap was available if I didn't like how much dust was being generated. It's funny how cheap some of the dealers try to be... which REALLY hurts them in the long run. Are there other dealers in the area?

Sadly no. Is your car an '08? I guess the mistake I made is that my rims were too clean to prove them wrong. Even though they probably knew about this whole brake dust thing and played it dumb like they never even heard about it. I'm kind of *BLEEP*ed off cuz I can't do anything about - it's up to the dealer to decide and they basically told me to *BLEEP* off.

I have an 08 Is 350 and they did the TSB on mine without question or hesitation. And the new brake pads much better. I have the paperwork. In fact I already posted it on another thread. I'll find it and link it here for ya.

I have an 08 Is 350 and they did the TSB on mine without question or hesitation. And the new brake pads much better. I have the paperwork. In fact I already posted it on another thread. I'll find it and link it here for ya.

Alright, thanks. I just don't know how I can get them to do it.

Alright, thanks. I just don't know how I can get them to do it.

Any other dealers nearby that you could try? Whichever dealer that does it is gonna get paid by Lexus for the parts and labor, so it's no skin off their nose.

Heres the link. Just go to the last post. I took pictures of the paperwork. Maybe you could print them and take them in with you so they have the codes and part numbers.

Brake pad TSB service

Yeah I dunno. It seems like it's all up to the dealer to decide if they want to replace your front pads and my dealer is just a bunch of a holes. Prestige my !Removed!

I found a different dealer which is twice the distance( 10 vs 5 miles). I sent them a message about service so I'm just gonna have to wait and see.

Well, maybe you could bring them some cookies and help them want to help you? ;)

Just checked my email. This is what I got. This is a different Lexus dealer.

Dear Mr. .....

No, that TSB does not apply to 2008 models. I do apoligize for the inconvience. Please feel free to contact me via email or by phone at 973-890-4970 if you have any further information.

Nancy Vieira

Customer Service Representative

Tri-County Lexus

Phone 973-890-4970 Ext 7215

Fax 973-890-5775

nvieira@tricountylexus.com

www.tricountylexus.com

Well, maybe you could bring them some cookies and help them want to help you? ;)

Dear Mr. .....

No, that TSB does not apply to 2008 models. I do apoligize for the inconvience. Please feel free to contact me via email or by phone at 973-890-4970 if you have any further information.

Nancy Vieira

Tri-County Lexus

Fax 973-890-5775

www.tricountylexus.com

Well, I guess I'm just more influencial ;) . I called the 973 number and spoke with Nancy, and then I spoke with Bobby Giordano the service manager. He "happily" agreed to do the brake dust TSB for your car. Call them and ask for Bobby Giordano directly, and tell him that you are calling for the TSB on the IS 350. Make sure you have the replacement part numbers and the TAS number for them. You can email him also at bgiordano@tricountylexus.com

Good luck again. :)

Dear Mr. .....

Nancy Vieira

Tri-County Lexus

Fax 973-890-5775

www.tricountylexus.com

Well, I guess I'm just more influencial ;) . I called the 973 number and spoke with Nancy, and then I spoke with Bobby Giordano the service manager. He "happily" agreed to do the brake dust TSB for your car. Call them and ask for Bobby Giordano directly, and tell him that you are calling for the TSB on the IS 350. Make sure you have the replacement part numbers and the TAS number for them. You can email him also at bgiordano@tricountylexus.com

Good luck again. :)

Hahahahaha wow man, are you serious?! btw my car is a 250 not a 350, is that a problem?

Also, can you give me those numbers? I dunno what TAS means.

Tell him your calling in referrence to the Brake dust TSB. The replacement part is the TSB replacement kit 04465-30400. And the TAS case number is 081490290. And be sure to thank him for his attention to this matter and let him know that this is the kind of service that earns loyalty. :)

Tell him your calling in referrence to the Brake dust TSB. The replacement part is the TSB replacement kit 04465-30400. And the TAS case number is 081490290. And be sure to thank him for his attention to this matter and let him know that this is the kind of service that earns loyalty. :)

Is it okay though that my car is an '08 IS 250? And what does TAS stand for? Btw, thanks a bunch - I hope it works.

I took my '06 350 in for some general service and to change the front pads. The guy tried to talk me out of it...that it doesn't make a difference w/the dust. I told him I heard differently and was he sure he used the new part number pads. Well he couldn't argue much w/an educated customer, particularly when I showed him the TSB. Pick it up today.

I took my '06 350 in for some general service and to change the front pads. The guy tried to talk me out of it...that it doesn't make a difference w/the dust. I told him I heard differently and was he sure he used the new part number pads. Well he couldn't argue much w/an educated customer, particularly when I showed him the TSB. Pick it up today.

Where'd you take it? Wilkie? I had it done @ Chester Springs 3 weeks ago--no hassle, no question. It's better, but not cured.

For the IS 250 there is an issue I think everyone should know about. Lexus is working on a new brake pad just for the IS 250. Currently there are 2 TSB's out for the IS 250 in particular. There is the brake dust TSB and the squeal TSB. So it may be in your better interest to wait awile and see when the new pads come out. For the IS 350 they used to use the GS pads, but the new replacement kit which is the part number I listed above works great. Very little dust, no squeal, and great bite. With the success of that kit, they are going to production to use the same pad for the IS 250 brake pad issue, and after that it won't matter if you have a dust issue or a squeal, they will be replacing them both with this same replacement kit for the IS 250.

Where'd you take it? Wilkie? I had it done @ Chester Springs 3 weeks ago--no hassle, no question. It's better, but not cured.

Took it to Thompson in Doylestown.

For the IS 250 there is an issue I think everyone should know about. Lexus is working on a new brake pad just for the IS 250. Currently there are 2 TSB's out for the IS 250 in particular. There is the brake dust TSB and the squeal TSB. So it may be in your better interest to wait awile and see when the new pads come out. For the IS 350 they used to use the GS pads, but the new replacement kit which is the part number I listed above works great. Very little dust, no squeal, and great bite. With the success of that kit, they are going to production to use the same pad for the IS 250 brake pad issue, and after that it won't matter if you have a dust issue or a squeal, they will be replacing them both with this same replacement kit for the IS 250.

Alright so I guess I should just wait?

It's up to you. If you want the dust issue taken care of, go in, but if you can live with it for awhile and get the new pads later then it might be a better solution. I would give Bobby G a call and just set it up for the future if you decide to wait for the new pads so he is aware your in line for that. Then when they do come out and you show up, you and he have already established some history together and can go from there.

I just talked to him, seems like a nice guy. He said that he could do it for me but I could have some squeeking noises. And as you said, Lexus are working on the new brake pads for the IS. So I decided to just wait for the new ones instead of the possibility of getting noise issues. Thanks a lot man.

My IS250AWD is two month old and runs very well with the only exception of brakes: dust and noisy. Almost every time I depress the brake pedal after a stop at a traffic light the brakes make a noise. I noticed it does it more often if the stop last a minute and I keep depressed the pedal hard during the stop. Any suggestion on what that may be. Thanks

* I merged this post in this topic as this covers your issue.

Smooth 1

thanks for the title change, since my old one could be a little confusing.

@smooth1, I left my info for the future pads, he also told me that at any time I can come in and just get the ones that they offer right now with no problems. He mentioned you also(online lexus club gentleman) and said that he is very welcome to help anyone have a more pleasant Lexus experience :)