Replacement Keys

Gcrim21

Where can I purchase reliable blades and shells for Lexus Keys? I have already replaced both keys on our 2003 ES300 and both keys on our 1999 RX300. When I say keys, I mean the blade and shell. The repladcement keys were purported to be made of ABS Plastic so as to be stronger than original keys were. I do not believe they are as one of them has already broken with only a few months usage. I ordered them from Ohio Valley Locksmith and 'they' cut the blade and I used the electronic unit from the broken keys. I would like to find a supplier other than Lexus that manufacturers a reliable key if such a thing exists. This thing about LEXUS claiming the keys have been abused as the cause for breakage is totally unacceptable. LEXUS should be the ones to bear the expense for replacement keys because of such poor design.

I would appreciate some feed back on keys.

Same thing applies for the JERKY HESITATING TRANSMISSION in the ES. I love the RX300, it has 140,000 miles on it and still runs good and looks good and drives good and rides good and ........I will not part with it ...... yet.

Gcrim21

eBay would be the place to go. I picked up one for my 99 RX300, put in my electronic guts, and had a shop over here in Beaverton cut the key to my old one... works perfectly. I don't think the key house is particularly fantastic, as after a year I see a tiny little crack on the back house where the screw goes in, but it's been more durable than the factory unit.