Another Old Ls400 Commercial

TA in KC

I frequently stumble across these old commercials on websites like You Tube, and enjoy pulling them off the internet and restoring them with iMovie.

Unfortunately, this particular one was a 110MB file when complete, too big to post here. Instead, I attached a CD-ROM version, a much smaller file, and with a much smaller size, but is still fun to watch. Team One certainly did a good job with Lexus' early TV ads.

LS4001990CD_ROM.mov

LS4001990CD_ROM.mov

Agreeden. Very nice...

Lexus sure got it right with the 1st gen body style. Lowest drag co-efficient of any production car I believe, at that time. Not bad for a big ol 8 banger.

I thinks it's .28 or so.

Anyone remember the one with the head on shot of an ls coming right at the camera, running fast and smooth. Then the camera angle rises until you see that the left side wheels are actually running over train tressels, and the suspension is keeping the cabin at the same steady ride as the right side which is on roadway?

Incredible.

Agreeden. Very nice...

Lexus sure got it right with the 1st gen body style. Lowest drag co-efficient of any production car I believe, at that time. Not bad for a big ol 8 banger.

I thinks it's .28 or so.

I think the Gen 1 is timeless. In another couple years it will be a great classic car.

Anyone remember the one with the head on shot of an ls coming right at the camera, running fast and smooth. Then the camera angle rises until you see that the left side wheels are actually running over train tressels, and the suspension is keeping the cabin at the same steady ride as the right side which is on roadway?

Incredible.

YES! I remember that one. I also remember the very first one with the car driving through the countryside and there were all these 'relentless pursuits' of comfort (interior shots) of performance (whipping around corners with the tach spinning up high) and of safety(the car dodging a bunch of lumber falling from a truck). I haven't seen either of those anywhere on the web.

Probably one of the best launch campaigns ever.

Being the packrat I am, I still have promotional video tapes about the LS, GS and SC that were sent to Lexus owners in the early 1990s.

One is "The 1993 LS400: The Pursuit Continues". It has a seven minute run time. I remember that one option it hypes is the first portable handheld phone available from Lexus. I remember that mainly because Lexus had a "fire sale" ($500?) on it's fixed phone system just before the portable phone system came out.

Someday I'll have to see if I can connect our old VCRs to our digital TVs so I can watch them.