Technical Svc Info Bulletins (tsib) For Es 350

ibisllc

As I've immersed myself in this website (which is great...contains sooo much info) I've came across numerous references to TSB's on the LS460 forum.

Is there a Lexus site (or other section of this website) that lists the TSIB's that are open on the ES 350? I'm taking delivery of a new one next week and I want to be fully aware of known issues before I even leave the dealership.

For those of you who work for a dealership, should I be asking for these TSBs to be performed on my vehicle before taking delivery or are they going to refuse until I can demonstrate an issue exists first? I understand the need for some issues needing to occur before they start replacing parts, etc. but I can see instances where proactive changing of parts to avoid prevalent issues (if any exist) would be more prudent for them to ensure a new customer is happy with their new purchase.

Of note with the LS460s it appeared there were widespread issues with cabin noise levels. Are there issues like that that are widespread with the ES 350 that you would recommend I talk with them about before leaving the dealership? Thanks.

As I've immersed myself in this website (which is great...contains sooo much info) I've came across numerous references to TSB's on the LS460 forum.

Is there a Lexus site (or other section of this website) that lists the TSIB's that are open on the ES 350? I'm taking delivery of a new one next week and I want to be fully aware of known issues before I even leave the dealership.

For those of you who work for a dealership, should I be asking for these TSBs to be performed on my vehicle before taking delivery or are they going to refuse until I can demonstrate an issue exists first? I understand the need for some issues needing to occur before they start replacing parts, etc. but I can see instances where proactive changing of parts to avoid prevalent issues (if any exist) would be more prudent for them to ensure a new customer is happy with their new purchase.

Of note with the LS460s it appeared there were widespread issues with cabin noise levels. Are there issues like that that are widespread with the ES 350 that you would recommend I talk with them about before leaving the dealership? Thanks.

I'm going to answer my own my own post based on additional research I did and feedback I received from another poster (jbeidl...thanks for the email). The main free site is: lexustsb.com. Special note on searching this site as I had a few issues (mainly user error!). The best way to use this site is to search on "ES350" using the 'Search the Knowledge Base' section on the right. Using the 'Browse by Category' section of the screen won't end up resulting in the articles you want to browse.

jbeidl was also kind enough to provide some information on another site that has costs associated with it. He wasn't sure it could be posted here but I'm making a leap of faith the moderators won't mind (since it's a Toyota site anyway):

"It is the Toyota Technical Information Center: http://techinfo.toyota.com

The Toyota site costs $10/day, $50/month and $300+/year. It has all of the TSB, Owners manuals, Repair manuals, Accessory Install manuals and Electrical manuals for all Toyota products. You can save all of the information to PDF files on your system." For example, he indicated he found detailed instructions on the iPod installation you've seen other threads.

Thanks again to jbeidl for his additional research!

A good site for TSIB information is the Auto Repair Reference Center (ARRC) which is available at most public libraries. I can get to ARRC from my home by logging on to my public libraries website with my library card number and password. I just now checked and verified that there are TSIBs on ARRC for the ES350.