'05 Es Hid Lights Intermittent What Could It Be?

COOPERVANE

Just bought my first Lexus.

When I turn on my low beams (HID) they both come on. But if I were to turn them off and back on within a minute or two the pass side will not come back on.

The only difference is that the pass side headlight housing seal is broken and it has condensation in it.

What could the problem be? Could it be a ballast issue? Overheating? Exposure to humid conditions?

Any help appreciated

PS the dealer quoted $960 to replace the pass side headlight housing and replace the drivers side bulb. When I got home I discovered a missing 15 Amp HL fuse. Drivers side works GREAT now!!

Just bought my first Lexus.

Any help appreciated

PS the dealer quoted $960 to replace the pass side headlight housing and replace the drivers side bulb. When I got home I discovered a missing 15 Amp HL fuse. Drivers side works GREAT now!!

2005? is your warranty up? It is 4 years from first registration or 50,000 miles. you over the mileage limit?

If not, then the headlight should be covered under warrantly. The buld will not be the condensation stuff should be covered.

steviej

Warranty is still in effect, but Lexus won't help because the car was in an accident and repaired at a non Lexus repair facility. They won't touch it.

Could the condensation be the problem?

Where can I get a replacement headlight assembly?

Was the head light damaged and repaired or replaced because of the accident?

By the way, I believe the HID computer is mounted at the bottom of the head light housing, so if you have moisture in the head light there is a very good chance that it is submerged in water.

N.C.O.

Was the head light damaged and repaired or replaced because of the accident?

By the way, I believe the HID computer is mounted at the bottom of the head light housing, so if you have moisture in the head light there is a very good chance that it is submerged in water.

N.C.O.

I didn't own the car when it was in an accident, but I suspect it was damaged and NOT replaced. That's what Lexus thinks also

• 2 weeks later...