Just Got One Dont Get Use To It

XclusiveLC

I noticed that too with the RX330, my RX300 has much better visability. Those large pillars in the back make it quite different. Suggest adjusting the mirrors down so you see where the rear end is. (side mirrors) Other than that be careful...or get a backup camera....and then be careful...

• 3 weeks later...
..............Suggest adjusting the mirrors down so you see where the rear end is. (side mirrors) ...

No, you shouldn't have the side view mirrors adjusts so that you can see down the side of the vehicle for any reason. When your sitting normally in the seat looking forward, adjust the rear view mirror so that it is level and squarely places the rear window in your field of view. Then, look at the far edges on either side of the rear view mirror and note what you can see behind the vehicle completely to the left and the right. Look in your side view mirror now and adjust the mirror up and down to accommodate your height. Then push the mirror outwards until you cannot see anything that you could normally see in the rear view mirror. Visual information in the side view mirrors should not duplicate anything you can normally see in the rear view mirror. If, when driving, you need to see straight back down the side of the vehicle for any reason, all it should take is a slight head bob to the left or right to change your perspective through the mirror. If this is not the case then it is not the mirror fault but in fact the seating position that is your problem. Adjust the seat to put your head and eyes in the best possible position to see outward.

Using this method you should be able to take optimal advantage of the entire surface area of your mirror. If you duplicate information in the side view mirror that you can normally see in the rear then you are wasting valuable mirror space and increasing the blind areas around your vehicle. Think about the fact that the majority of the time the vehicle is in forward motion. Don't adjust the mirrors to improve your site when driving backwards when in fact your only moving this way maybe 5-10% of the time.

I just bought a lexus rx330 today......i drive it ...but i dont know why its kinda tough for me to drive it ...there are some blind areas to me........any suggestions???thanks

People apparently get used to the poor visibility to the rear -- they must because they sure sell enough of these cars. I've noticed the same issue each time I've been provided with an RX330 loaner car while my LS was having some work done and I wasn't amused -- most of the loaners at the local dealer are RX's but last time I asked for and was given an ES loaner.

I just bought a lexus rx330 today......i drive it ...but i dont know why its kinda tough for me to drive it ...there are some blind areas to me........any suggestions???thanks

XLC- I understand what you're saying about the visibility. I don't own an RX (I'm on this forum because my DIL has 99RX and I'm the mechanic) and her mom bought a new RX about a year ago. I understand what I'm about to address is not specifically what you're talking about but I would like to share my experience. I purchased a used motorhome about 9 years ago and it had stick on convex mirrors on it. (not the round kind, these are the kind that fit down in the curve in the bottom corner). I absolutely fell in love with them because you never had to turn your head to see a car behind you or along side of you. You could absolutely see the car in the convex mirror until it came into your periferal vision without ever turning your head to the side. I found them so HIGHLY USEFUL that I have bought 3 new trucks since then and a new Camry for my wife and they have been installed on every 1 of them and I wouldn't be without them! Even though all new cars come with a R side convex mirror these take it all the way. Just food for thought.

Obviously they are installed on both sides, in the lower outside corner.