Fuel Economy

Carol

Actually depends on the Hummer and the year it was made. Your supposed to be getting about 15 mpg, some of the newer Hummers get that good but most dont. And you certainly get metter overall mpg than the Hummers that share the same year as your SUV.

I owned a 2005 H2 SUT. I bought it brand new and it avg 12 mpg, I drive pretty conservative. I got rid of it this past winter not because of the gas prices but because of its overall poor quality and GM build. I saved a few bucks a went for a pre-owned 2004 GX with 45,000 miles. I avg 19 mpg with the GX. So yeah a huge difference if you ask me, and what a difference in the quality between the two, not even close! And my GX was pre-owned. Never again with american crap.

Gas mileage on a new engine GX is horrible. I remember my first fill up at around 57 miles, I got only 9mpg. Once the vehicle accumulates mileage, it should get better. I'm only getting about 12mpg right now because it's being used purely in city miles.

I owned a 2005 H2 SUT. I bought it brand new and it avg 12 mpg, I drive pretty conservative. I got rid of it this past winter not because of the gas prices but because of its overall poor quality and GM build. I saved a few bucks a went for a pre-owned 2004 GX with 45,000 miles. I avg 19 mpg with the GX. So yeah a huge difference if you ask me, and what a difference in the quality between the two, not even close! And my GX was pre-owned. Never again with american crap.

Did you trade-in that H2 or sell it yourself? Yeah I was looking at H3s for my wife, but since we already have a Highlander I could not convince myself that a Hummer would be even close to the GX in reliability, etc. I think the visibility is poor too. Had to go with the GX. I wouldn't mind owning a H2 to drive here & there and off-road, but that is not really practical at this point.

A little - I lived in Washington, DC for five years before current location (driving an RX), but Beltway driving is similar to Omaha Interstate, and as I noted, commute is about 50/50 secondary roads/Interstate, around 40 miles round-trip. So far I'm fairly impressed with the gas mileage for a truck of this weight/engine size...

Did you trade-in that H2 or sell it yourself? Yeah I was looking at H3s for my wife, but since we already have a Highlander I could not convince myself that a Hummer would be even close to the GX in reliability, etc. I think the visibility is poor too. Had to go with the GX. I wouldn't mind owning a H2 to drive here & there and off-road, but that is not really practical at this point.

I traded it in, I got a good price so it was easiest, The idea of the H2 and look for offroading was good but I was nervous to push it given the quality of materials used to put it together as I stated. Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...