Several Problems Making Car Die.

Hi all! here is my first post on this forum, i shall post an official thread later with pics and info on my car!

In the meantime ive got a problem i need help with!

ok here is where i started:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376603

Last night I replaced most all the fuses, and I replaced the spark plugs, so it finally started, there was water down where the spark plugs go, which was odd.

Anyway, now that it starts, it has a rough idle, the higher the RPM the smoother it sounds. At idle it is sort of shakey, sounds like it is too low (cant tell because guages arent working) and it also makes a squeeking/whining noise very faintly on some pulley.

I tried to go put the car in "D" but the tranny wont shift, so i pushed down the release with a screw driver, and when i press the gas, it starts moving the car, barely.. but if i turn the steering wheel the whining noise gets MUCH louder and kills the motor.

Also, brake pedal seems to not want to move at all, not going down but a half of an inch.

Any suggestions on what to tackle next? I was thinking TPS, EGR, Battery Terminal Cables, but im kind of confused about the brake and tranny situations.

let me know, and thanks for taking time to help me out!

update: Just went outside to check for any changes in its condition, cranked it.. ran it for a few mins. Got some light smoke, and on top of the power steering reservoir its leaking fluid.

Hi all! here is my first post on this forum, i shall post an official thread later with pics and info on my car!

In the meantime ive got a problem i need help with!

ok here is where i started:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376603

Last night I replaced most all the fuses, and I replaced the spark plugs, so it finally started, there was water down where the spark plugs go, which was odd.

Anyway, now that it starts, it has a rough idle, the higher the RPM the smoother it sounds. At idle it is sort of shakey, sounds like it is too low (cant tell because guages arent working) and it also makes a squeeking/whining noise very faintly on some pulley.

I tried to go put the car in "D" but the tranny wont shift, so i pushed down the release with a screw driver, and when i press the gas, it starts moving the car, barely.. but if i turn the steering wheel the whining noise gets MUCH louder and kills the motor.

Also, brake pedal seems to not want to move at all, not going down but a half of an inch.

Any suggestions on what to tackle next? I was thinking TPS, EGR, Battery Terminal Cables, but im kind of confused about the brake and tranny situations.

let me know, and thanks for taking time to help me out!

update: Just went outside to check for any changes in its condition, cranked it.. ran it for a few mins. Got some light smoke, and on top of the power steering reservoir its leaking fluid.

Whats up Guy? I have a simailar problem, may or may not be the same symtoms as you but worth the shot: HAVE A 1998 GS300 125K MILES, WHEN I GO TO START IT, IT CRANKS BUT WON'T TURN OVER/START.

I CHECKED BATTERY CONNECTION IT WAS OK, ALL THE LIGHTs AND WINDOWS WORK. TRIED TO START IT ABOUT 10 TIMES EVEN GIVING IT GAS AS I ATTEMPT TO START, NO LUCK.

2-5 HOURS LATER OR NEXT MORNING TRIED TO START IT AND IT STARTS ON THE 1ST TRY, WEIRD...The car is at the dealer right now they are checking it out for a few days. When i findout i'll let you know.