Noob! Just Bought My '08 Is250 For Momma!

Howdy! My name's Clint and just went $30K in debt to buy a new IS250 for my wife! After hemming and hawing, test driving the new TSX, 328i, and a couple others, we decided on this one. Freaking love the look of this car. We bought it over the phone because I'm stationed in England right now and we move to North Carolina on the 16th, so I actually haven't even laid hands on the car yet. It will be delivered to us at Ft. Bragg on the 17th.

My plans for the car (shh.....don't tell my wife):

- lower it, looking at coilovers right now, suggestions welcome. I will search, but I see both Tein and HKS make them. Quick question is do the 06-07 coilovers fit the '08

- F-sport lip kit

- F-sport rear under brace

- F-sport sway bars

- window tint

That should pretty much do it. I can either sneak these mods in or get spousal approval as necessary! She won't let me play with the motor for a few years.

I'm a noob to the Lexus, but am a hobby mechanic. I built my little '03 Civic Ex (pics after the Lex) and it currently puts down 262whp at 8.5 psi with my big GT30 turbo. She gets better engine management and more boost this fall. I just finished installed forged rods and pistons in her to handle the extra power.

Anyway, here's the pics of the Mica IS250!

Grey.jpg

3332204_36.jpg

3332204_42.jpg

3332204_5.jpg

3332204_6.jpg

And my little baby. She's named 'Sweet Sugar' after the song "Breaking Me Down" by SOil. Yes I did all this work myself.

A viddy-yo:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And some pitchers:

DSC00356Large.jpg

DSC00358Large.jpg

DSC00359Large.jpg

831936_24_full.jpg

831936_26_full.jpg

831936_31_full.jpg

Nice ride you have there!

The Honda looks great! The forged internals and turbo set up looks great! Have you thought about adding an 02/meth spray? Your set up should hold that easily. Have you done any drivetrain work? Nice job.

Nice ride you have there!

The Honda looks great! The forged internals and turbo set up looks great! Have you thought about adding an 02/meth spray? Your set up should hold that easily. Have you done any drivetrain work? Nice job.

Thanks! We can't wait to pick up the IS250 in a couple weeks!

I've thought about doing a water/meth setup on the Civic, but want to see what kind of numbers I put down with more boost this fall. If I have detonation problems, then I'll run a water/meth, but the low-comp (8.8:1) pistons I have in there, coupled with the standalone EMS she's getting should keep me pretty good and I shouldn't have to run it. We'll see though!

umm...it seems there is only 14 miles on the odo, am I right?

Howdy! My name's Clint and just went $30K in debt to buy a new IS250 for my wife! After hemming and hawing, test driving the new TSX, 328i, and a couple others, we decided on this one. Freaking love the look of this car. We bought it over the phone because I'm stationed in England right now and we move to North Carolina on the 16th, so I actually haven't even laid hands on the car yet. It will be delivered to us at Ft. Bragg on the 17th.

My plans for the car (shh.....don't tell my wife):

- lower it, looking at coilovers right now, suggestions welcome. I will search, but I see both Tein and HKS make them. Quick question is do the 06-07 coilovers fit the '08

- F-sport lip kit

- F-sport rear under brace

- F-sport sway bars

- window tint

That should pretty much do it. I can either sneak these mods in or get spousal approval as necessary! She won't let me play with the motor for a few years.

I'm a noob to the Lexus, but am a hobby mechanic. I built my little '03 Civic Ex (pics after the Lex) and it currently puts down 262whp at 8.5 psi with my big GT30 turbo. She gets better engine management and more boost this fall. I just finished installed forged rods and pistons in her to handle the extra power.

Anyway, here's the pics of the Mica IS250!