Stripes On A 93 Ls400

tyler5

My 2000 LS400 had similar pinstripes when I bought it in 2003. There were installed by the selling Lexus dealer instead of at the factory. I removed the pinstripes by carefully heating them with a hair dryer while rubbing the pinstripes with a damp soft cotton cloth and car wax. It took about one hour to remove the pinstripes.

The steering wheel looks like it has been treated with a vinyl protectant such as Armorall. It is not normal for the steering wheel to be shiney.

The wheel is not a standard finish, the stripes are not oem and should be removed immediately, they're an embarassment to the car. What I would be most concerned with is the air freshener. There's usually a reason for those and it's never a good one! :D

The wheel is not a standard finish, the stripes are not oem and should be removed immediately, they're an embarassment to the car. What I would be most concerned with is the air freshener. There's usually a reason for those and it's never a good one! :D

haha I agree about the air freshener! good observation.

Also, the tint looks to have a purplish hue. In my opinion that is not a good look at all.