2008 Gs350/450h/460 Navigation Lock Override

I have been scouring the internet to find a solution to this navigation lock that occurs when I drive my GS350, as I'm sure many of you who have come to this page were doing as well. None of the override versions that I've found work in the 2008 GS350 and I assume that is because the version I have is the most updated one. Also I am just referring to the override version were all you do is touch the screen; I'm not interested, and I'm sure many others share my feeling, in buying some product that may work, burning a dvd with the 5.1 mixed with the 6.1 software version, or taking apart my nav console to cut some wires for the solution.

Since I'm sure the solution is out there, but is so spread out in a million mixed forums or posts, I've decided to make a topic dedicated to that. If anyone has the solution or tips that could get us closer to achieving this feat please post it here so that it can be in one place. Thanks! :)

I have been scouring the internet to find a solution to this navigation lock that occurs when I drive my GS350, as I'm sure many of you who have come to this page were doing as well. None of the override versions that I've found work in the 2008 GS350 and I assume that is because the version I have is the most updated one. Also I am just referring to the override version were all you do is touch the screen; I'm not interested, and I'm sure many others share my feeling, in buying some product that may work, burning a dvd with the 5.1 mixed with the 6.1 software version, or taking apart my nav console to cut some wires for the solution.

Since I'm sure the solution is out there, but is so spread out in a million mixed forums or posts, I've decided to make a topic dedicated to that. If anyone has the solution or tips that could get us closer to achieving this feat please post it here so that it can be in one place. Thanks! :)

You might want to contact Mark at info@prestigioussociety.com. I have one on order so I can't comment on whether it works or not yet but I expect it to work and Mark was very responsive to my several questions. Go to their website and look around and then contact him if you have questions.

I'm not interested, and I'm sure many others share my feeling, in buying some product that may work, burning a dvd with the 5.1 mixed with the 6.1 software version, or taking apart my nav console to cut some wires for the solution.

Well those are really the ONLY ways to accomplish what you want to allow. You will have to either

1) install an after-market device

2) create a hybrid navigation disc (7.1/5.1 in a generation 5 system)

3) change the harness wiring behind the nav unit

Lexus/Toyota has specifically changed the software to ban access to the override menu in the newer software since version 6.1 (we are currently on version 7.1). If you want access to the override menu or use the navigation functions while in motion, you will have to do one of the three steps above.

the problem with using older software is you also get old school graphics. i returned my lexus and now i have a 2008 Toyota Tundra. It has the same navigation software as your 2008 GS's. The only way i could find of over riding it was with a "navigation pulse generator" there is a gentelman on the tundra forum that custom makes em for a fee. Basically its a little black box thats hooked up with a switch. When i want to use the on screen commands, i flip the switch and the device begins sending pulses to the navigation. It tells the computer that the car is in park. Works flawlessly. I dont see why this same unit would not work in your lexus'.

im not talking about screen resolution. im talking about the actual maps and pictures. they are not hardware related. they are software. if you downgrade to older software you are downgrading to older maps and graphics.

im not talking about screen resolution. im talking about the actual maps and pictures. they are not hardware related. they are software. if you downgrade to older software you are downgrading to older maps and graphics.

Well that's why people are making their own custom discs: with the latest 7.1 navigational data/maps and the older 5.1 "software" so they can run the latest maps with override.

Gen 5 - 7.1 maps / 5.1 software

Gen 4 - 7.1 maps / 4.1 software

Gen 2/3 - 7.1 maps / ?? (not sure what people have been successful with)

Well that's why people are making their own custom discs: with the latest 7.1 navigational data/maps and the older 5.1 "software" so they can run the latest maps with override.

Gen 5 - 7.1 maps / 5.1 software

Gen 4 - 7.1 maps / 4.1 software

Gen 2/3 - 7.1 maps / ?? (not sure what people have been successful with)

Are you sure 7.1/4.1 would work for Gen 4 ? I have already given up 7.1/5.1, and now you just gave me a new hope.

Gen 2/3 does not need hybrid disk. The hidden override option has been there always with map 6.1 and 7.1.

Are you sure 7.1/4.1 would work for Gen 4 ? I have already given up 7.1/5.1, and now you just gave me a new hope.

Gen 2/3 does not need hybrid disk. The hidden override option has been there always with map 6.1 and 7.1.

Hey thanks for that info. No wonder I've never seen threads on gen 2/3 hybrid discs!

I have read of a thread where someone with a gen4 system was successful with a 7.1/4.1 hybrid. It was made a bit differently as he kept a few files from 4.1, and not just the loading.kwi file. I'll try and find it now.