Tail Light Swap

hey i am just wondering if i were to purchase tail lights after they changed the look of them would they fit on a 93' which still had the older tails? by fit im not concerned with size of the light cause im sure its the same but im talking about bulb placement inside the trunk and trying to get past the steel wall of the trunk. thanks !

If you get the 97+ you will need a load resistor on your harness for when you have your turn signals on. If not they will blink really fast and throw the dash light.

If you don't care about that then okay!

As far as wiring, its essentially the same except for the fact that the newer ones carry a different load for the blinkers. That is why you need the load resistors...well recommending.

They all bolt up just fine. No major mods are needed.

• 3 months later...
hey thank you very much...do you think i can get a load resistor at like autozone or pep boys or any general auto part store?

Did you ever find out what kind of load resistor you needed or where you could get it?

I'm interested in doing the same mod..

• 2 weeks later...
hey i am just wondering if i were to purchase tail lights after they changed the look of them would they fit on a 93' which still had the older tails? by fit im not concerned with size of the light cause im sure its the same but im talking about bulb placement inside the trunk and trying to get past the steel wall of the trunk. thanks !

Just another option if you can not find a load resistor is to use the front running lights as a turn signal. All you need to do is splice into the front signal wire to the running light and cap off the positive from the running light. I am referring to the front side amber lights.

there's a couple of website's that sell taillights for the 92-93's there pretty neat i just bought some blacked out halo's, highbeams, an tail lights. will get pics up soon on my pro.

i'll try and remember the website an put it up on here

• 10 months later...

ok dont know if these sites just started selling these or if ya dont know how to google or yahoo search something but i just typed in load resitors and TADDA!! http://www.v-leds.com/Load-Resistors/c343525-1-2/ wouldnt you know it you can find allmost anything online the question now is witch is the right one theres one that is even specificly named LED BULB OUT WARNING FIX 25 OHM LOAD RESISTOR KIT at first glance with out being a mechanic id say that sounds like a good shot in the dark