Puzzeled

This over heating problem i just cant figure out.car has a new thermastst,new radiator,top hose and is still over heating after running car for 40 minetes.The fan is running to cool radiator and i tried running the car with the AC on to kick the high speed on the fan .THE fan went on and off of high speed but did not help.. the car over heated through the over flow after running for about 40 min.I have read some of the other problems that are on the site but i cant fixure this one out.Itopped off the power steering pump to help the fan run properly,refilled coolent slowly to eliminate air pockets.head gaskets have been raplaced a year ago and look good no water in the oil.Water pump is not leaking.It seems a mystery please help if any one can i must be missing something.

.....some of us know what you are up against. It s a real puzzler. I would relentlessly monitor the coolant level as soon as the engine cools after running. If there is no blockage in the system at this point and no leaks of any kind ,it holds pressure and all the mechanical componants are working and the coolant is full ,than what can it be? I am a believer in the air pocket theory at this point. I suspect you will have to top up. (I would run it till hot and then wait and check....not till it overflows, necessarily). It won t hurt anyway and use a 50/50 coolant water mix. keep us updated please(...another case to add to the list...)and good luck.

You might also want to check the seal on your two pressure caps. The rubber gasket under one or both of them could be deteriored (rubber only lasts so long) and causing a loss of coolant. I found this to be the culprit when mine overheated on a long trip a few years ago.