95 Es 300 Stereo Wiring Help

Hi its me again from Orlando, I appreciate your advice on a preivious topic. I have a couple of more questions I could use your help. I just want to say this is a great website. I went with the after market stereo and amp and speakers for the 95 Lexus ES300 for my wife.

first: question is Im having a hard time finding a wiring harness for the after market stereo so which wires of the harness plug is for the power, constant power, and remote antenna wire and ground?

The second: question is what wires are for the the dash speakers and those tweeters by the mirrors. also the door speakers. I just want the the polaritys right + and - so they will sound right. I would be powering the dash and tweeters off the Head unit power. Is the wires from the deck or the amp. Or is the amp powering all the speakers in a factory setup. I would like to use the factory wires so I dont have to run new ones to me that would be easier. Or is it worth it using using the dash and tweeter by the mirrors at all.

Third: question the factory amp is under the passenger seat right. could I use the existing power wire and ground that goes to the factory amp. My new amp is calling for a 8 guage power wire, is the factory wire that big? If I can use the factory wires what colors are they? I got a amp wiring kit just in case. The equipment I got is a blaupunkt cd player, Us acoustic 4x65 watt amp, Infinty kappa 6x9s and polk audio DB 6.5s. If anybody could help I greatly apprciate it. So I can finish this install on Xmas break for my wife.

ok, i can help you baby. you have approximately 5 days left until christmas. I'm a customer installer with my own shop. you can email me phillipscott28@hotmail.com and we can exchange numbers and i can walk you through it over the phone or i can jus tell you like this.

what you are trying to do is very difficult and time consuming and you have to have a ton of skill beyond jus hooking up car stereos.

you have to use that amp kit that you bought otherwise you will burn something up. if your factory speakers dont sound too bad take the after market ones back an jus use the factory ones it will save you a little change.

finding your speakers. once you unplug the harnesses from the amp (under the seat) you should have two harnesses one harness is for power, ground, antenna, etc. the other harness is your speakers to find speakers take a AA battery tape a seperate wire on each end of it an have the two ends exposed. when you find the - and + of a speaker it will pop. test this theory with a speaker around the house. once you find the speakers you have to clip the wires and run them to your head unit. you can get a harness off www.installer.com/wires/index.html.

HAVE A TON OF FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks a bunch I ordered all the stuff from crutchfield catalog they sent me directions with pitures for the dash stereo and door speakers and the rear deck 6x9s. I will agree with you its alot of work. Proper planning will make this install alot easier. I have installed stereos my self in my other cars but this one is the most complicated because I dont want to mess anything up. I'm going to email you and look up that website you mentioned and see what they can do for me. Thanks a bunch. JOhn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...