Interior Doors

Hi guys

What is the best way to clean the interior of the doors, dash and around the radio. Mine is black. I tend to rest by arm on the door near the window, and it seems to get marks on it.

Not sure what the material is, but it seems to get marked more than any car I have ever had.

Hi guys

What is the best way to clean the interior of the doors, dash and around the radio. Mine is black. I tend to rest by arm on the door near the window, and it seems to get marks on it.

Not sure what the material is, but it seems to get marked more than any car I have ever had.

I buy all my car cleaning products at Griots Garage...they have many interior cleaners. I use their Vinyl cleaner on the doors & dash and their leather stuff on seats, steering & gear shift. Seems work work well for me.

hi-

for regular cleaning, just dampen a microfiber cloth with water and wipe everything down. for protection, follow with another mf towel and some 303 protectant or your favorite interior detail spray.

cleaning spots and such is dependent on what type of stain it is, but most things will simply come off with water. many people use a weak dillution of Woolite and water for interior cleaning...follow that with water to remove any residue.

my IS350 has the lighter leather (not my first choice...but the price was right on that specific vehicle) which shows far more dirt than i am used to...it'll keep me busy cleaning. haha

edit: note that i would not recommend putting anything but water on the plastic gauge cluster area...that always seems to streak much too easily. i actually avoid those areas as much as possible and just dust them gently as needed.

And do not do any of those under the sun or while the plastic is hot, I imagine Lexus must use better materials but just in case, don't do it. My theory is that when made wet, it cools down on spots unevenly, resulting in cracks after time.

Usually I quickly dust off the dash and everywhere with one of those static friendly dusters. No other cleaning seems to be needed.

I'll trow in an unrelated bonus tip here. The Lexus letters on the mat are white so last week while doing my daughters books with self adhesive clear bppk covering, cut two rectangular pieces to match the size of the lettering and covered them. You can;t see the difference and expect them to remain white for a long time that way.

I noticed the same thing anywhere on the plastic part of the door panel where my skin comes in contact. The natural oils in the skin must have that effect. I have been using The Wax Shop's LRV, (Leather, Rubber, Vinyl), for all of the plastic surfaces. As paradigm mentioned, I don't use any type of conditioner on the clear plastic, nor do I use any on the faux burl wood.

Thanks. I am not talking about the actual arm rest, which is way to low for me. I am talking about the part of the door where the glass goes down inside the door. Like where an old push down door look knob would be.

Use vinyl cleaner.

As for the armrest I'm just saying that it's leather and not to clean it with water. It needs leather cleaner and conditioner just like the seats do.