2002 Lexus Rx300 Window Problem Help!urgent

Volcano29

I have been experiencing some problems (with opening and closing the passenger side window and the rear driver side window) for months now buts its getting to the point where it's becoming difficult to close the window. First off, from time to time the passenger side window will not close using the window switch or using the driver window switch. The rear passenger side has also been closing on its own (ghost??). Lets say I open the rear window, 30 sec later it closes on its own. Anybody have any ideas on what the problem could be or if anyone has experienced this issue.

P.S. If anyone could instruct me on how to take off the door panels, or even maybe a PDF file on the directions.

Thanks and please help someone because I dont want to get caught in a rain storm not being able to close my windows.

I have been experiencing some problems (with opening and closing the passenger side window and the rear driver side window) for months now buts its getting to the point where it's becoming difficult to close the window. First off, from time to time the passenger side window will not close using the window switch or using the driver window switch. The rear passenger side has also been closing on its own (ghost??). Lets say I open the rear window, 30 sec later it closes on its own. Anybody have any ideas on what the problem could be or if anyone has experienced this issue.

P.S. If anyone could instruct me on how to take off the door panels, or even maybe a PDF file on the directions.

Thanks and please help someone because I dont want to get caught in a rain storm not being able to close my windows.

The 1st. thing I would do is disconnect the battery for a few minutes and let the computers reset themselves. It's not that I necessarily think that's where your answer is but sometimes it may be and you don't want to "chase your tail" in other areas until that has been dealt with. It sounds like the the R.R. window ghost may be in the keyless entry/ body security module. As far as the windows not closing well, I would take the door panels off and lube the mechanism well with WD-40 or spray white grease. The next thing I would do is take the main window switch out and take it apart and clean all the contacts with some 0000 steel wool. I have found most of the time when a main window switch gets flakey it is just the contacts getting burned and dirty. All of this assumes that you are able to work on your own car. Good luck!

If you will do a search on this forum or the "other Lexus forum" you will find rather complete instructions on taking the door panels off complete with pictures.