2006 Manual Key Ignite?

alright so if this is true im going to be sooo disappointed in Lexus. my brother in laws key batter died and just like EVERY SINGLE other car i thought it had a place inside to put in the key twist it and ignite the car i searched for a good 30mins couldnt find anything.....FYI this is at 3am at nite where no store is open to sell batteries? so wondering if there really is no manual key ignite?

alright so if this is true im going to be sooo disappointed in Lexus. my brother in laws key batter died and just like EVERY SINGLE other car i thought it had a place inside to put in the key twist it and ignite the car i searched for a good 30mins couldnt find anything.....FYI this is at 3am at nite where no store is open to sell batteries? so wondering if there really is no manual key ignite?

It is true that there is not key hole for a conventional key to be inserted and used to start the vehicle. However, it is NOT true that the vehicle cannot be started.

I refer you to the instructions clearly stated on pg 353 of the 2006 owner's manual......"Starting the engine when the electronic key battery is discharged."

steviej