Just Got

Congrats......and welcome! I too just picked up a GS430 several days ago. I actually believe I test drove the exact same one you bought @ Pohanka if I'm not mistaken...........if it has a XM tuner in the ashtray I definitely did.

Congrats......and welcome! I too just picked up a GS430 several days ago. I actually believe I test drove the exact same one you bought @ Pohanka if I'm not mistaken...........if it has a XM tuner in the ashtray I definitely did.

lol yeah it was at pohanka. i took out that !Removed! xm tuner in the ashtray.

my friends are encouraging me to get a 2jz engine swap... but im not touching its performance until warranty expires.

and yes, 20% is illegal in MD. 35% is legal :/

• 3 weeks later...

well in md it all depends on what car you drive, the size of the car and whether the tint is on the front or back windows. tint on the front is restricted to a level that has to be much higher than the rear set. on suvs, the legal limit for front windows is actually 35% while the rear can be 20%. the other thing that has to be taken into affect is that, depending on where you go, the tint they put on will be the 20% but it will be darker when combined with factory tint. unless of course they take that into affect. however, i believe the legal limit on cars is 35% unless it has changed since Ive been away in japan for the past 2 years. Though md does suck with that and they hare hardcore about it too. thats why most good tint places offer a warranty to get it removed and raised for only $20, along with other great deals in there too. i bought my lexus in md and was planning on getting it tinted at this good place i know and have had a previous vehicle tinted before, down on route 40 near baltimore and harford county, i forget the name. but since the laws of tint in cali are much much more lieniant than in md, and im going to be stationed in cali just home for leave to md to get car and drive to cali, id much rather get it done there than deal with some !Removed! cops for 30 days. but getting the legal limit is always fun when you know the laws and they pull you over and drive away w/out a thing. though in md they like to find somethin....

yes, 20% is illegal in MD. 35% is legal :/

Is that limit just for the two front side windows or the rear as well?

In the UK you can have whatever you want on the rear of the car, but the light transmitted through the windscreen must be at least 75%, so no tint, and the front side windows must allow at least 70% of light to be transmitted through them.

Despite having tints on my last three cars and making the mistake of not going dark enough on the rear sides of my last two cars, I'm still undecided on what to go for on my recently purchased 2003 GS 430 Sport. :unsure: