Exhaust Reccomendations

hey guys, i recently put an exhaust system on my car with the assurance from the company that it wouldnt be an obnoxious loud! sound...and it cost me 500 bucks and it turns out to be quieter than stock up until like 4k rpm in which is has some sound...now im just wondering what else could be done...right now i have cat --> deleted resonator --> 2 more resonators--> 2 new mufflers...im thinking of deleting the 2 remaining res's but im not sure what differnce it will make...if anyone can reccomend a good solution or brand of exhaust i would greatly appreciate it because im looking just about for the tone of a 350z / g35 NOISE LEVEL...i know it wont sound like those cars but volume wise that is what im aiming for. thanks in advance

hey guys, i recently put an exhaust system on my car with the assurance from the company that it wouldnt be an obnoxious loud! sound...and it cost me 500 bucks and it turns out to be quieter than stock up until like 4k rpm in which is has some sound...now im just wondering what else could be done...right now i have cat --> deleted resonator --> 2 more resonators--> 2 new mufflers...im thinking of deleting the 2 remaining res's but im not sure what differnce it will make...if anyone can reccomend a good solution or brand of exhaust i would greatly appreciate it because im looking just about for the tone of a 350z / g35 NOISE LEVEL...i know it wont sound like those cars but volume wise that is what im aiming for. thanks in advance

Run true duals from the primary cats, deleting everything between the motor and the mufflers.

Rod Millen Motorsports have a couple of Mufflers that almost mimic the GCoupe exhaust notes. saw a dual set on LExtasy's website today for$650. check on Youtube for a few soundbites. that should help you get an idea. You can also listen to a Tunabe exhaust. they usually have a low grumpth and High pitch on higher RPMs.

if you haven't already I'd opt for a high-flow cat with the resonators. they tend to be a bit quieter and deeper on 2jz cars.

You guys hold on, my exhaust is run true duals from the primary cats deleting everything, all the way to the stock mufflers, let me go get a short video for yall.

this is exactly what i want to know and hear

I hope ya'll can wait for a while, maybe even a few days, the hotel here has the internet equivalent to a 3 toed sloth

That is what I was looking for thanks. very nice sound, just what i was hoping for. I think I will do that same thing when i get to the big town next.

Very welcome buddy, The stock mufflers produce decent backpressure so you get plenty of torque induced launches, with lots of screaming fury from the back end!

hey thank you very much thats an incredibly meaan sound! i will def do that next with my exhaust and if you would like i would post a video because mine will sound slightly different since i already have aftermarket turbo mufflers. thank you very much..just one more question how much did it cost you to run true duals and delete everything? cause it already cost me 500 to have 1 res deleted, 2 new mufflers put on...= /

hey thank you very much thats an incredibly meaan sound! i will def do that next with my exhaust and if you would like i would post a video because mine will sound slightly different since i already have aftermarket turbo mufflers. thank you very much..just one more question how much did it cost you to run true duals and delete everything? cause it already cost me 500 to have 1 res deleted, 2 new mufflers put on...= /

175 bucks, but i know the guy that does the exhaust work at midas, he did it after hours. Your probably looking at 300. Def. buddy, post a vid so we can all hear, it just gives us more options. I personally dont like flow through style mufflers, too much resonation and doesnt bring out the mean sound of a V8

so everybody i finally got my own answer to my own topic. i got more exhaust work done today and it was eliminating both resonators that i had left and let me say i am more than satisfied. the noise is amazing and it isnt "over the top" the sound in between 1-2k rpm is amazing when im going down a main street it just grumbles nicely. so unforutantely no true duals but just allll deleted resonators. ill post a video soon.

so everybody i finally got my own answer to my own topic. i got more exhaust work done today and it was eliminating both resonators that i had left and let me say i am more than satisfied. the noise is amazing and it isnt "over the top" the sound in between 1-2k rpm is amazing when im going down a main street it just grumbles nicely. so unforutantely no true duals but just allll deleted resonators. ill post a video soon.

Cant wait to hear!

are the stock exhaust systems stainless steel

yep, its stainless, go back with stainless tubing or you will rust everything out.

I was thinking about running true duals, are there noticeable gains? Was it worth it, in your opinion?

There are noticeable exhaust flow gains, depending on your mufflers though, you might sacrifice a lot of bottom end. Deleting the Y pipe lets the engine breath MUCH easier, and its very noticeable by my vid, you can hear just how heavy the engine is panting. You can hardly hold back the exhaust with your hand over the tip, not to mention the exhaust is much cooler, temperature wise, as well. An added benefit is that you can easily get a read on the left and right banks of the engine since they are seperated to two sides. With the stock mufflers, everything deleted between, and true duals, you get ALOT of pickup, awesome sound, with very very little cabin noise. Once you go to a freer flowing muffler you will loose that bottom end, but those 1UZ-FE's have plenty!

I am personally thinking about some magnaflow mufflers, canister type for lower resonation, with 4 inch tips.