Dash Lights And Gages Not Working?

I have a 98 gs 400 My dash Lights and all gages are not working....No tack,No gas, No RPM.....nothing is working. I checked a couple fuses with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas i can try. its hard to tell when your going 100+ with no lights or speedo......HELP

I have a 98 gs 400 My dash Lights and all gages are not working....No tack,No gas, No RPM.....nothing is working. I checked a couple fuses with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas i can try. its hard to tell when your going 100+ with no lights or speedo......HELP

I have this problem too, would love to know the answer!

um, i had that exact same problem. then i took it to lexus and they just opened it, and it worked.

how come no one replied me when i asked this question a while ago.

so yea, just take it to a lexus, it probably isn't the fuse problem.

i've checked every single fuse.

• 2 months later...

I now have the same problem... all was fine until i had a new battery installed. Now nothing... no dash lights, no gauges. I have checked almost every fuse in the 5 fuse boxes. (Drivers kickplate, Passenger kickplate, & 3 under the hood) the only ones i did not check were the obviously wrong ones like wipers, horn, etc. Besides taking it to the dealer has anyone fixed this problem?

• 5 years later...

My 2000 Lexus gs300 dashboard light went off and did know what to do. The fuse box covers on the driver and passenger sides are missing so I don't have any references what to look for. I have the manual that I bought in the internet but I cannot read the numbering. I checked out the fuse "MPX-B" 10A as suggested by the staff, fuse was good, sprayed the connector with a solvent and put back the fuse. Started the car and the lights came back on. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I had recently changed the battery and Had the same problem of no instrument panel.   I tried disconnecting the Neg terminal twice and it did not recover the problem.  The third time disconnected the Pos terminal and that worked.  It could have been that the third time was the charm.  But come to think of it I had connected the Neg last when replacing the battery. 

• 4 years later...
On 11/16/2008 at 5:30 PM, Eug said:

YEA!!!!!!! I just fixed mine! I don't know if this will work for everyone, but I disconnected my battery for a few minutes and then reconnected it... and, ta-daa!!!! they work!

This worked for me..thank you!!! Cheers!!

• 3 years later...

Has anyone had a situation where the check engine light does not come on???

It's not the bulb because I've seen it come on a couple of times.  

If anyone has any experiences OR answers this would be greatly appreciated.  

All of your cluster lights are supposed to come on upon inserting your key. Then they go out after a couple of seconds. 

Upon inserting my key, the check engine light does not come on.