Bridgestone Turanzas

es30014

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you asked for 2002 and later, but here my experience: I have a 98 es300 and have Turanza LS-Vs. Little stiff, but I like the grippiness. Great in rain and dry pretty decent in snow.

Little slow in responsiveness versus Michelins Pilots (on another vehicle), but better in the rain than them. A little noisy but I like them, the noise and bumpiness doesn't bother me as I had an Acura TL before. For what I am looking for, I would buy them again.

• 2 months later...

As some of you might have read another one of my posts....it seems that the original tires that shipped w/my 02' ES300 we're swapped for a different set of tires. I didn't know this was happening and am extremely mad because the Turanza's are pathetic in everyway. Anyways...I was doing some research and I found that the Bridgestone Turanza ER33 tires that I have on my car come stock on the 2002 TOYOTA CAMRY :angry: I can't believe this. These tires are so bad....................I really want to contact the dealer about it and LEXUS too. Anybody got any opinons? They would be really appreciated.... :D

My 2003ES was delivered with Bridgestone tires. After driving 7000 miles I find these tires to be very quiet and smooth. I have driven in all kinds of weather, snow, rain, whatever. The traction is as good as I can expect from an "All Weather" tire! I can compare them to the Pirelli Sport Veloche tires that I had on my '94 ES. ;)

As some of you might have read another one of my posts....it seems that the original tires that shipped w/my 02' ES300 we're swapped for a different set of tires. I didn't know this was happening and am extremely mad because the Turanza's are pathetic in everyway. Anyways...I was doing some research and I found that the Bridgestone Turanza ER33 tires that I have on my car come stock on the 2002 TOYOTA CAMRY :angry: I can't believe this. These tires are so bad....................I really want to contact the dealer about it and LEXUS too. Anybody got any opinons? They would be really appreciated.... :D

Why is that suprising? The Camry and the ES are platform mates, and Toyota and Lexus are the same company it stands to reason they would contract with the same tire manufacturers.

Lexus isn't going to do anything now, all you can do is replace the tires. You might have been able to get them swapped with the wheels from some other ES when it was brand new, but not now 2 years and 15,000 miles in. Good tires for the ES will only cost you around $400 anyways.

My 2003ES was delivered with Bridgestone tires. After driving 7000 miles I find these tires to be very quiet and smooth. I have driven in all kinds of weather, snow, rain, whatever. The traction is as good as I can expect from an "All Weather" tire! I can compare them to the Pirelli Sport Veloche tires that I had on my '94 ES. 

amf1932, you say that your es was delivered w/ Bridgestone tires...but are they Turanza ER33s?? And if so, what psi do you run them at.....I'm surprised that you say they have a smooth ride and etc.....when my es rides terrible and rattles, creaks and all other kinds of mess(which I think is all caused by the tires)

I just took this information from the sidewall of the tire:

Bridgestone Potenza RE 92

P215/60R16

Treadware 160

Traction A

Temperature A

M+S

Tire inflation that I've been using is 32PSI

All my rattles from the rear doors were fixed by Lexus, and now I'm happy to say the car is dead quiet on any type of road conditions.

I know there may be tires out there that could possibly give me slightly better handling, but I'm really satisfied with the all around performance with this setup. Time and mileage will tell whether I feel the same after awhile. ;)

Alan has the same tires I do. They're not the greatest either. Lexus has a real thing with delivering crappy tires on their cars, but honestly this is true of all manufacturers. They put on whatever they get a good deal on. Those tires probably only cost Lexus $5-6 each if even that. At some point I'm gonna buy some better tires, I just hate to spend $400 when the tires still have plenty of tread. The tires Alan and I have are so poor they don't even have ANY treadwear warranty, none at all, not one mile. Thats quite rare especially on a V rated Ultra High Performance Tire.

My Lexus is rattle free at 18,000 miles. Rear door rattle was repaired under warranty, a rattle in the dash was repaired under warranty without me even having to ask (they heard it during a test drive) and a slight moonroof creaking was fixed by me by lubing the weatherstripping.

Alan, be careful of the Bridgie RE92 when you get up there in miles. The treadlife is extremely premature and with their tread loss is a dramatic decrease of stability in even the lightest dusting of snow. You are right about the smoothness, they are that and very quiet too. However, when you get over 20,000 miles on them, their character turns on you. Wet and snow traction becomes extremely poor, I would even venture to say dangerous.

I just replaced them with Dunlop Sport A2's. Very nice traction in snow and rain and on dry pavement. Downside, not as quiet as the RE92 but still very quiet.

steviej

steviej hit the nail on the head about the Bridgestone RE92's. They came factory on my 01' Maxima & I have never had a worse tire on a car in my life.....even light rain made me extremely nervous as the car was unpredictable, I'm not even going to get into snow & slush conditions. Good advice, stay away from the 92's.

:cheers:

steviej,

I look at it this way.......Since I'm a retired old coot, I don't rack up very many miles anymore, since I fly on most of my vacations. I'll definitely keep my eye on the tread wear and do the required rotating, but in the meantime I'm enjoying the quietness and smoothness of these tires.

My '94ES originally came with Michelin tires and they were not nearly as quiet as the Bridgestones. I put about 38,000 miles on these tires and then changed them to Pirelli P6000 Sport Veloche's. I liked these much better then the Michelins.

My attitude about all this stuff is I purposely chose a Lexus to get a quiet, serene ride. If I was looking for a performance oriented car I wouldn't have chosen this '03 ES. I'd go back to some hot sport coupes that I had in the past, like my Z car('84 Datsun 280Z), plus others too numerous to mention. B)

OK...............I'm kinda interested in maybe buying some new tires.....so I would like some help on finding the ones that will give my 02 ES the SMOOTHEST ride possible and NO RATTLES, CREAKS, SQUEAKS...........ETC..............*and not too expensive*!!!

SWO3ES, a while back you said something about Continental ContiExtremeContact or something like that so I'm wondering if you would still recommend this tire and what other ones also? This is for everyone to help me on. Thanks.

I'm now leaning more towards the Continental ContiPremierContact tires.....they've gotten really good ratings on tirerack.com......I'm kinda picking these over the Bridestone Turanza LS-V.........also I was also thinking about the Michelin Harmony(does anybody think these would be good???).........what do you think about the ContiPremierContacts???? ;)

I'm debating between the Continental ContiPremierContacts and the ContiExtremeContacts myself. I think the Premier's may be a little bit better suited to this car than the more aggressive extremes.