Oily O Turbo

Help....I think I may know this already but, some ideas would be nice. My turbo is sending oil through the intake. It is leaking down the air intake tube out the filter. It just started. The motor is running fine. Starts great and is not using oil. Temp and comp looks fine on the gauge. The turbo was not sounding normal, :( and after some inspection of the bay noticed oil leaking around my turbo :unsure: . I removed the air tube and it was leaking from the front fins. I reached in there and jiggled the fins and they were a little loose as well. I think the seals are shot. <_< Oil is moving fine in the lines and return.

I first noticed this when my boost was inconsistant :angry: . It is a turbonetics hybrid t3/t4..... What ya all think? New turbo time? What will work with my SRT system? What are reliable replacements? Thanks! :D

Ok so far I have removed most of the piping and cleaned out the oil. Flushed the motor. Now on to see why my turbo failed? Too much oil pressure? I do not see a regulator? Ok, so on to the turbo....4 bolts to the mufs, 4 to the manifold mount. Ah, no oil from the manifold.....good sign :rolleyes: So must be the seals in the turbo? :wacko: good night james, this is going to be :( MONEY.

I WAS READING YOUR POST AND WAS INQUIRING WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU HAVE? I USED TO HAVE A SUPRA TURBO AND PROBABLY COULD PROVIDE SOME INFO FOR YOU. SINCE YOU HAVE PLAY ON YOUR TURBINE, YOU BETTER TIGHTEN IT, IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO, THEN YOU'RE TURBO IS PRETTY MUCH SHOT. IT'S ALRIGHT TO HAVE A FINE FILM OF OIL INSIDE SOME OF YOUR PIPING, BUT BY THE LOOKS OF THINGS, YOU HAVE TOO MUCH OIL ESCAPING FROM YOUR LINES. NOW I DON'T KNOW IF YOUR TURBO SYSTEM IS OIL, WATER, OR AIR COOLED, BUT I SUGGEST THAT YOU TEAR OUT YOUR OLD TURBO SYSTEM, AND BUY ANOTHER ONE. SORRY ABOUT THE NEWS, BUT IF YOU CAN SALVAGE IT, THEN GO FOR IT. TAKE CARE.