Removal Of 2nd Row Seating In 2008 Gx470

SailorDanH

My wife and I are about to depart for a month in Colorado in the GX470. The middle row seats are unwanted on this trip, we desire more cargo room. Does anyone know the process for removing the seats (or have a link to a site that shows instructions for removal)?

When you fold them up against the front seats, that's not enough space? If you really need that much cargo room, take a look at a roof storage box, or if the weather is good, load all your stuff on the roof rack (put some padding down first) and use a cargo net to secure it tightly.

You do have to remove the whole assembly from bottom up. Also look into the hitch caddy thingys, where you can "tow" extra luggage on your tow hitch if you have one installed. ;)

True, but those things are not cheap. I see them running like $500 or more. I have noticed SUVs driving around my area with 'Thule' brand roof boxes, it looks like they attach to the two existing cross bars of the roof rack. Not as much storage space as a tow caddy, but a lot less cost from what I can tell. Not sure of the best place online to buy one, you may want to start at JCWhitney.com

EDIT --

I did a quick check, here is one of the Thule boxes, I have see bigger ones, but this provides some storage and is on sale for $189

http://www.jcwhitney.com/Roof-Rack-Carrier...01232_10614.jcw