Huge Scratch

i just got a new lexus is 250 charcoal grey about 2 months ago. i was parking my car in a tight spot next the the curb on the passanger side & hit the curb :angry: . the curb is seriously the tallest curb i've ever seen. so now i have a huge scratch on the bottom the passanger door. i don't know much about cars & how to repair them...but would there be a way to repair it? thanks

With enouph money, it can allways be fixed. LOL!!!

Is it just the door? If so, then your pretty lucky. They should be able to just pull the door off, fix it and repaint it to match with no blending. Which is allways the better option.

Another solution is to learn to park :)

I have a question about scratches. I made about a 1.5 inch scratch on the top of the rear bumper while carelessly taking a suitcase out of the trunk. It's a bit deep, do you know if it's possible to cover it up with touch-up paint and how much is it?

edit: Sorry, I just noticed you're a girl...usually girls have no sense of the size of their cars. :P

I have a question about scratches. I made about a 1.5 inch scratch on the top of the rear bumper while carelessly taking a suitcase out of the trunk. It's a bit deep, do you know if it's possible to cover it up with touch-up paint and how much is it?

edit: Sorry, I just noticed you're a girl...usually girls have no sense of the size of their cars. :P

As a guy, maybe you shouldn't be so careless in taking the suitcase out of the trunk! ;)

As a guy, maybe you shouldn't be so careless in taking the suitcase out of the trunk! ;)

:lol: :lol:

This is why I got the bumper applique from Sewell. My TL had a similar bumper and I learned from experience.

This is why I got the bumper applique from Sewell. My TL had a similar bumper and I learned from experience.

Yeah I need that. I wonder if it's cheaper to install that applique or to cover up the scratch.

Yeah I need that. I wonder if it's cheaper to install that applique or to cover up the scratch.

If I was in your shoes, I'd fix the bumper properly then put the applique on. If you don't fix it right it'll always stick out like a sore thumb to you.

post up some pics of the damage and it will be easier to walk you through a potential fix. a good rule of thumb is the "fingernail test". if you can catch a fingernail on the scratch, then it is too deep to simply buff out. if you can't catch it, then you can typically get at least a 75%+ improvement from buffing.

regardless of how deep it is, buffing will at least decrease how noticable the damage is. if it's down to metal, then you need to touch it up or have a pro take care of it...gotta avoid rust issues. :)