Rotors? Ball Joints? Arms? Help!

LexSmoov

Hi everyone,

Thanks for you wisdom and experience; I'm hoping you can help here.

I have a '96 LS400 and when I apply the brakes, the car feels like someone is rapidly slamming a baseball bat back and forth between the front tires. I was told that this is a rotor problem, but I'm also concerned because when I hit one of the many Metro Detroit potholes I get a loud and heavy thud. It feels like the car has fallen off I-75 and landed on the street below. Surprisingly, I don't feel any shaking in the steering wheel, but there is great disturbance in the brake pedal. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

LexSmoov

Update: BTW, I posted a concern a few months back regarding my power steering and air conditioning going out. I went under the hood and found it was a belt that had dried up, shredded, and choked itself around the fan blade and spoke.

Took a half hour to strip away the wired mess and only 10 minutes to replace the new belt! Easy fix.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for you wisdom and experience; I'm hoping you can help here.

I have a '96 LS400 and when I apply the brakes, the car feels like someone is rapidly slamming a baseball bat back and forth between the front tires. I was told that this is a rotor problem, but I'm also concerned because when I hit one of the many Metro Detroit potholes I get a loud and heavy thud. It feels like the car has fallen off I-75 and landed on the street below. Surprisingly, I don't feel any shaking in the steering wheel, but there is great disturbance in the brake pedal. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

LexSmoov

Update: BTW, I posted a concern a few months back regarding my power steering and air conditioning going out. I went under the hood and found it was a belt that had dried up, shredded, and choked itself around the fan blade and spoke.

Took a half hour to strip away the wired mess and only 10 minutes to replace the new belt! Easy fix.

change out the rotors and pads and the potholes most likely tore ur shocks apart replace those and u should be fine