Es300 Engine Problem

mike0110

hey guys i just found this forum and was hopping one of you could help me out. i have a 95 ES300 3.0L v6 lexus, it just started a few new fun problems. it smokes ALOT from the tail pipe (white smoke), uses about 2 pints of oil per mile, shakes when idling, and drives like its misfiring. its been driven 2 miles in its current condition and its going to be parked untill i figure out what i can do with it. my guess would be a blown head gasket. this car had been overheated, has always leaked tranny fluid, power steering fluid, anti-freeze, and slow leaking oil, but never smoked or given any sign of burning oil. so...i would like to know what might be wrong with the motor and how can i fix it?

hey guys i just found this forum and was hopping one of you could help me out. i have a 95 ES300 3.0L v6 lexus, it just started a few new fun problems. it smokes ALOT from the tail pipe (white smoke), uses about 2 pints of oil per mile, shakes when idling, and drives like its misfiring. its been driven 2 miles in its current condition and its going to be parked untill i figure out what i can do with it. my guess would be a blown head gasket. this car had been overheated, has always leaked tranny fluid, power steering fluid, anti-freeze, and slow leaking oil, but never smoked or given any sign of burning oil. so...i would like to know what might be wrong with the motor and how can i fix it?

From what I'm reading. . . .it sounds exactly like one (or both) headgasket(s) have gone bad.

"Classic" symptoms.

I needed to have the headgaskets replaced on my '93 es.

(I physically can't do the work anymore. Arthritis and bad back, neck and knees.)

thanks for the welcome, how hard is replacing a head gasket on this type of car? are there any write ups or guides online on how to do this? i'm guessing i need a hanes manual and this. i have air/ basic tools do i need anything else? thanks for all your help and your fast reply's.