Whats The Problem?

VicSC300

Lately I have observed that my 94 SC300 has been doing some strange things.

1) Automatic transmission shifter knob shakes in 3rd gear between 35-45 MPH. Developed and has seemed to worsen over time.

2) Car tends to shake when coming to a stop in third gear. Shaking could be described as a type of forward and back rocking. It is a feeling similar to brake problems or if you were to pump the breaks while stopping but only occurs when slowing to a stop in 3rd gear.

A friend of mine has mentioned engine and transmission mounts, and while I agree that this can be a problem with similar effects, the details surrounding a particular gear leave me to believe it is strictly transmission related.

I am going to change the transmission fluid and see if it helps at all but if anyone has any thoughts, ideas, or pro-tips, I would appreciate it.

Side Note: By third gear I mean that the transmission switches gears three times from a complete stop with overdrive on and in the normal transmission time option.

Thanks.