'03 Es Rear Window Not Operating

SW03ES

Howdy again,

During the A/C failure I also noticed the driver's side rear window isn't working. You can hear the motor "click" when you press the switch, but the window won't roll down. Again...fuses are fine...

Any suggestions on that?

Had the same problem when I bought my 02 ES300. There is a TSB that covers the 02-06 ES regarding the rear windows.

TSB - EL010-06 - Body - Rear Power Window(s) Inoperative

You can look it up if you have an ALLDATA subscription. Or I can send you a PDF (not sure if its OK to upload a copy here)

If window doesn't work next time, try this:

1. Turn the ignition ON and start the engine.

2. Open and close the door 4 times while pressing the power window switch in the down direction.

If this works then your window motor is fine and the problem is the cushion on the glass door run as explained in the TSB.

• 14 years later...

I have an 03 ES 300 that the rr  widow motor went out on. Confirmed by Toyota technician. I got a lr motor and took out the guts, as I couldn’t find a rr motor in my price range. It worked once. Is there a timing or some other adjustment that needs to be done?