I Need An Opinion On '91 Ls Purchase

Blake_batonrouge

Okay guys,

I know I have asked for alot of opinions from you guys but I need one more. I am looking at a 1991 LS 400 with 130k. Interior is in great shape, the climate control LCD is NOT burned out (first one I have ever seen not burned out) It has the factory Pioneer system with fully functioning CD changer in the trunk along with about 8 extra CD magazines. Here are the only problems: Slight surge in engine while at idle. Seems to want to drop below 650 and the computer pulls it back up to correct idle, the power antenna does not work, the a/c compressor is making some noise. They are asking $4400 which I am sure I can pick it up for less than that. I am also bringing it to Lexus for a full check up tomorrow. I will also be running a carfax on the car. Is this a good deal or a bad deal?

too much i would think, btw i think the 93's and 94's had the burned out climate control problem more than the 91-92's....i have a 92 and it works fine...the only problem i have is some of my needles are only lit up half way across the needle

too much i would think, btw i think the 93's and 94's had the burned out climate control problem more than the 91-92's....i have a 92 and it works fine...the only problem i have is some of my needles are only lit up half way across the needle

Contact BBA-Manufacturing about this if you want to.. they charge 175 to fix all needles, and with complete lifetime warranty. Turnaround time is about a week... depending how far away you live (you need to ship), but time in shop is only a few hours, and they send it back out same day.

Contact BBA-Manufacturing about this if you want to.. they charge 175 to fix all needles, and with complete lifetime warranty. Turnaround time is about a week... depending how far away you live (you need to ship), but time in shop is only a few hours, and they send it back out same day.

Sounds like it has some pricey issues. I would say don't buy it, but it could be a good car. If you are inclined to buy it after the inspection, be ready to pay for the repairs and don't pay anywhere near what he is asking $4400. I would offer around $2300. If he insists on $4400 he is clearly a shady character.

Sounds like it has some pricey issues. I would say don't buy it, but it could be a good car. If you are inclined to buy it after the inspection, be ready to pay for the repairs and don't pay anywhere near what he is asking $4400. I would offer around $2300. If he insists on $4400 he is clearly a shady character.

I agree totally, he is high on price. I got my 93 w/ 178K for $4k then put $1100 into it and have a great car. If the inspection comes out good than i would consider a $2500 to $3000 offer.