Fog Light Mod (replacement Of Yellow Lens To Clear)

matblkis300

Hi everyone,

I am new to this whole forum :D . I own a 2001 Lexus is300. I purchase it about a year ago with about 65,000 miles on it. Right now, I am trying to find a mod for the fog lights. I want to replace the yellow lens in the fog lights with clear ones, so I can install the 6000K HID kit I purchased. Does anyone know how I can get a hold of clear lens for the fog lights? Maybe someone knows where I can purchase a set of clear lens to replace the stock yellow ones? Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

Hello, and welcome to the LOC.

I'm not really sure about being able to just replace the lens on the stock fog light units. And dollars for hassles, you might just want to get aftermarket foglights with the clear lenses already in them. The next issue your going to run into is getting a ballast set up for the HID bulbs you have as they aren't set up for that stock. You can get them easy enouph though from Ebay, and so on. Be careful which foglights you get though, I had a set of clear lenses and thought about doing the HID conversion also, but the length of the bulb wouldn't fit in the housing behind the lense. So I just used a hyper white halogen bulb instead.

edit* Oh I just saw you have the HID kit already. So disregard the ballast issue then.

Thanks for the link to L-Tuned Parts. It was helpful but the CarsonTuned Fog Lights are just a bit out of the price range of what I was looking to spend. I did see some other things on the site I was interested in. Thanks again for your help. :D

Hello, and welcome to the LOC.

I'm not really sure about being able to just replace the lens on the stock fog light units. And dollars for hassles, you might just want to get aftermarket foglights with the clear lenses already in them. The next issue your going to run into is getting a ballast set up for the HID bulbs you have as they aren't set up for that stock. You can get them easy enouph though from Ebay, and so on. Be careful which foglights you get though, I had a set of clear lenses and thought about doing the HID conversion also, but the length of the bulb wouldn't fit in the housing behind the lense. So I just used a hyper white halogen bulb instead.

edit* Oh I just saw you have the HID kit already. So disregard the ballast issue then.

Thanks for the info and I am excited to be part of LOC. I will try out the HID bulbs with the yellow lens to make sure they fit the housing. I had been looking for aftermarket fog lights with the lenses in them already just a bit more than I want to spend. Looks like I might have to go that way though to get look I am trying to get. Thanks again. :)