Transfer Gps Navigation Data Points From Lexus To Toyota, Or Other

subs99

I am so sorry if this has been asked before, but it is quite hard to search for this answer, so here goes:

I have a 2006 Lexus IS 350. I have programmed in about 100 data points in the Memory or "My Places" in the Destinations part of the GPS Navigation system.

I am now considering upgrading to an IS-F, but I'm not sure. I might actually need to 'downgrade' to an SUV for work.

So here are the questions:

If I upgrade my IS 350 to an IS-F, can I -- or the dealer -- transfer all of my data to the new car?

If I downgrade to a Toyota SUV (probably a 4Runner) with GPS Navigation, can I or the dealer transfer data between Lexus and Toyota?? If I buy an older, Certified PreOwned 4Runner with an older Navigation system, can data be transferred to THAT?

If I get an SUV with no Navigation at all, so I have to buy an aftermarket jobbie, can the data be transferred to THAT third-party system??

Thank you very much!

Sorry to tell you, but the answer is NO to all your questions. Unless of course you know some electronic genius that can figure out a way of doing this. I guess you have to re-enter all your info, one at a time. I feel your pain, since I just upgraded my portable Garmin Nuvi to a newer model, and I had the same predicament. I also asked my Lexus dealer if they could take all my info out of '03 ES and transfer it to my '07 ES, and again the answer was a resounding NO.

Sorry to tell you, but the answer is NO to all your questions. Unless of course you know some electronic genius that can figure out a way of doing this. I guess you have to re-enter all your info, one at a time. I feel your pain, since I just upgraded my portable Garmin Nuvi to a newer model, and I had the same predicament. I also asked my Lexus dealer if they could take all my info out of '03 ES and transfer it to my '07 ES, and again the answer was a resounding NO.

Like amf1932 said, The answer is no :( . It would be nice to have a flashcard slot to backup all of your personal settings. Then you could go from nav to nav. ;)

Thanks for the replies, and I unfortunately suspected this was going to be the answer.

This is the first car I've had with GPS and I absolutely loved it from the first minute I used it, but as I was furiously programming in a zillion data points I always had that nagging feeling of, "but what happens when I get another car??" Now I know.

And I thought maybe I should NOT get the GPS built in and have a portable one so I can just move it to the new car, but to hear you can't even move your data to an updated version of the same gizmo is absolutely ridiculous! (and to have a Lexus with a suction-cupped version of a GPS hanging off the window is so tacky... it would almost make me feel like every BMW driver who has to glue a cupholder onto their bonheaded $100,000 M6!!!! )

Now I guess I have to drill into each data point, find out where you can find the actual GPS coordinates for each one, probably bring my laptop into my car and manually enter all the data into a spreadsheet -- then hope that data can then be programmed into whatever the next gizmo is. Absolutely ridiculous. If the manufacturers thought of this, you could probably dump all the data onto a memory stick (or via Bluetooth) in about 0.5 seconds, and spend about another whoppin' 0.5 seconds to import into the next gizmo. Instead this will likely take hours.

I guess we have a long was to go in our pursuit of perfection!!!

• 1 month later...